Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

cool,

better luck with the "rng" next time
Old 10-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Jesus, if this thread didn't make Rogean lose all interest for a pvp server, I don't know what would.

I played RZ back in the day, I don't remember the pop being this ridiculously toxic. Maybe one or two here and there, but was a pretty chill atmosphere. A shame the griefers took over and ruined their own server.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus, if this thread didn't make Rogean lose all interest for a pvp server, I don't know what would.

I played RZ back in the day, I don't remember the pop being this ridiculously toxic. Maybe one or two here and there, but was a pretty chill atmosphere. A shame the griefers took over and ruined their own server.
its a cesspool
Old 10-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Banned

jeremys based, ill check out the new box
Old 10-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Rogean is concerned with having a viable profitable project that allows people to play Everquest for free. Please donate and shut the fuck up! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://web.archive.org/web/20010331...arkenbane.com/

it was toxic back in the day too lol

"On Saturday night a squad of DBers were warned for ZONE camping on the Oasis/South RO border. Lots of issues came up inculding the GM indicating a NEW rule advising we were NOT allowed to chase foes across zone boundries!

We all know this is silly, but he SAID it! The bottom line? Our server needs a freagin' RULE book. Here's the log of the GM warning us." - circa 2001 yawl - 20 years of elf sim baby
Old 10-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

The toxic was about 10 percent of server on rallos. And almost everyone killing dragons was anti pk so it was a different situation.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The toxic was about 10 percent of server on rallos. And almost everyone killing dragons was anti pk so it was a different situation.
Sounds like red always was
Old 10-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than ourselves who are we kidding? The likelihood that Project 1999 was going to dedicate time in development, and likely more importantly to management, of a PVP enabled server has always been nearly zero. It's conceptually a viable idea but unless the management team were themselves an avid fan of EQ PVP it would never succeed.

Rogean was never a Red player or a PVPer. Sirken was never a PVPer, he was a 4th tier halfwit bluebie on Vallon Zek. They're not the correct project managers for an EQ PVP server.

--Renly was never a PVPer.

--Devnoob and Co were never PVPers.

If we're to ever have a viable, successful, arc for a PVP server it's going to have to come from the rare spawn that is a well-balanced PVP fanatic.

Spoiler Alert: Don't hold your breath.
That is correct, except for that dev (forgot his name) who played the legendary Angwe on dethecus (rogue who spent hours waiting for the boat in menethil harbor to gank alliance players and then posted the hate tells he got on his alliance alt on a website).

Sirken kept organising joust-type events instead of capitalising on the fact that people wanna pvp organically. AKA fight over mobs. The halloween event of 2001 on Rallos should be the blueprint for great pvp server events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It could have been the same here, or at least more mixed if xp loss wasnt there for the first few months (years? cant recall exactly) so the population was less of a pure form of distilled toxic griefer types. It would have been less harsh and casuals/new players could have gotten more of a foothold in so that varied factions could emerge.

We (me and very few others) had to fight forever against the "Rogean mentality" (This isnt call of duty!) for a long time over xp loss and it was clear that alot of players just didnt get how fun it was to pvp in Gfay on Rallos which was basically a pvp map 24/7, coupled with the central hub for trading on an item loot server. By the time they reacted the damage was already done.

My post may seem contradictory as im praising Angwe and underlining the detrimental aspect of griefing through xp loss to server pop but on a wow server at launch you had endless supplies of people and no xp loss, so situation was different
Last edited by Tradesonred; 10-07-2019 at 07:21 AM..
Old 10-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. If you missed rallos gfay pvp, you can't imagine how fun it was.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread