Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Most buffs don't trigger assist aggro?

A lowbie warrior was killing a few orcs in EC just now on green, and I hit him with talisman, guardian, strength, chloro, and alacrity while he was fighting. None of the orcs he killed ended up giving me a faction hit, despite my buffs landing on him while he was standing there slicing them up.

As a test, I fired off a minor heal as the last orc was fleeing, and that did trigger the faction hits for me.

Did those buffs not put me on the aggro list for those orcs AT ALL? As in, if they had killed this guy, they would have just walked away without coming after me? Even though I buffed the shit out of him (tali especially surprised me since it basically is a 200-point heal in addition to just the 200-point max hp buff) while he was IN combat?

Is this intended?
Old 02-07-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I would have expected to be OTL at that point too.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

I know on blue you used to get aggro from as little as clicking a bracer of the hidden on someone else. I don't know if this change was intentional or if it was incidental to some other change but unintended or what.

Apparently intended? https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...48&postcount=2
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-07-2020 at 10:25 AM..
Old 02-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

The thread by torven is awesome btw: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39819

I wonder how many of those mechanics are classic though, and how many of them are implemented now on p99.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thread by torven is awesome btw: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39819

I wonder how many of those mechanics are classic though, and how many of them are implemented now on p99.
Yeah that's why I have a love/hate relationship with awesome detailed info like that. It's great but how much of that applies to this specific instance? All of it, none of it, who can tell?
Old 02-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Torven actually does mention 2001 patch notes that refer to the phenomenon I experienced today. So maybe NPCs not noticing you buffing/healing sometimes (it sounds like 50/50ish chance) really is classic. Crazy.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

+100 points for the Dolalin post starting with this: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't actually true, DMN.
Nice discovery and investigation Tecmos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That really does seem kinda intuitively odd that buffs would get 0 attention from mobs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torven did a lot of research into classic hate mechanics, I am unsure of how much of this Haynar has patched into the game as yet. But there are several effects that would mean casting a DS on your pet would not necessarily cause the NPCs to instantly turn on the druid.

First, there is a witness check for the buff. Just because the druid cast the buff on their pet doesn't mean all the NPCs see it, there is a roll to see if they do. If they do, hate is added.

Secondly, the hate for such a buff is actually quite low.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

its a witness check