Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea the economy here is terribad. I'd blame classic EQ going on for longer before kunark was released than it did on live... people knowing what to farm... people farming the hell out of seafuries and accumulating huge amounts of raw platinum.... and account sales making the super rich even richer.

Not enough platinum sinks in classic/kunark to eat up the huge sums of platinum people have. Other than level 1-50 spells and occasionally tinker bag buying the platinum farmed will stay in players hands forever.
/wrists
Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^ If those are your characters it's kind of obvious why you can't afford one. Why the fuck should a level 39 Shaman be able to afford a fungi tunic? I have a 55 Druid and I got 6 FBSS drops this week by just camping frenzy while working. That puts me almost halfway to a fungi without even really trying. Anyone with a 50+ character should be able to farm up enough plat for a fungi in less than a month of casual play.

Anyway, regarding the economy here.. it mainly sucks because every other player in EC is a price gouger who hordes items to control the economy. FBSS isn't rare it's just that if it's being sold for 12k someone with 500,000pp is going to buy it and resell it for 14k because they can. It's that simple. You just buy up every one that comes up for sell below a certain price and resell at your new price and people (who have more platinum than you) get desperate enough to pay the higher rate.

Everyone knows where platinum is created here. Everyone knows the camps. Everyone knows how to get the rare mobs to spawn. Deal with it. Classic EQ will always be super inflated because the cat is out of the bag and there are career EC traders here.
No offense but you and everyone else citing resellers and a greater interest in the item are fucking stupid. It is basic economics and the problem is limited supply.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense but you and everyone else citing resellers and a greater interest in the item are fucking stupid. It is basic economics and the problem is limited supply.
Correct. People claiming King is camped all the time are just plain wrong. King is one of the least inhabited spots in seb.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Kobold

you think a fungus tunic is hard to get? They made the siblisian berserker cloak beyond rare when I know for a fact it was dropping about evenly with runebranded girdles on my server. I doubt they will ever really tell us why this is so but i'm sure they are aware its not a correct drop rate.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Kobold

from my understanding is that a lot of [people who were banned] hacked plat into the economy, and it was huge amounts. So supply and demand.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Bump
Old 10-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Seriously your bumping this thread? just let it die quit whining. Be happy the server exists, a 5th page of this topic is not going to change it.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Kobold

Just trying to get shit fixed bro
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use the Bug forum. State cold hard facts, not guesses or hearsay.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Items being rare and expensive doesn't mean they are bugged. If that's the case everyone driving a Ferrari should be under investigation.

You know what's funny, I saw a bunch of monks today running around killing stuff without Fungi tunics. Nearly fell out of my chair.
Closed Thread