Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Large Rat

Default For Good People

This is a thread for building excellent karma for the folks that take the time to do something nice for you in the game when they don't need to. This is the internet thread version of paying it forward, where instead you just put folks on other peoples' radars for nice things to happen to them and also I don't get stabbed like Haley Joel Osment does. I hope none of you were planning to watch Pay It Forward tonight, or else I'll have to pay it backwards.

Anyway I've started a monk and he's level 7, and today Kaewen so generously gave me a bounty of monk stuff for no reason whatsoever. If the rapture were to start today, I would heartily recommend Kaewen as someone Jesus should take if he's not too busy turning water into wine because come on guys isn't it time we did something about Jesus?

Have you ever had someone do something nice for you? Well, not ever, but in EverQuest and on this server Project 1999? Pump their tires here! (That's an expression meaning say something nice about them).

Good work comely and intelligent fellows,
Soyster
Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Large Rat

WAIT I have to respond to my own post. Why? Because I met another gentleman and a scholar, that's why.

I don't know if I've told you this yet, but when I was a teen I lived in a trailer park and played an arcade game called The Bearfighter, and I beat it and aliens came down and said I was the Last Bearfighter. I try to keep it private since I'm going through a lot of emotions right now.

But an excellent spellcaster discovered my quest and decided to support me in it by giving me many buffs in exchange for nothing at all. Now I can go out and do the death blossom on those bears and take vengeance for all the bearfighters lost.

Thank you, Colte. You've contributed to the death of many bears this night.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Keep up the good work ! I like hearing these stories.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Kobold

I buy bone chips at 10pp per stack, even when they are being auctioned for half. That count?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Aviak

Mousey, for taking the time to help me and put me in the right direction for a botched quest turn in, and for giving me gems to help replace what I lost on the failed turn in, and Slave on the forums for helping me to solve my NPC botched turn in problem.

Duidwen the druid, for taking the time to port a lowbie level 3 barbarian rogue who asked if he could port from NK to WC even though he was busy doing something at the time, still took the time to help me get to freeport area anyways. That was about 6 hours ago and the rogue is now level 8 and moving right along in CB.

Mechlinger of BDA... and his alt, geared up a cleric in our group with an upgrade or two and took the time to group with a couple oldschool newbies like our cleric and myself for a few hours. Also, when asked by a level 5 in CB for a rez for his friend... didn't even hesitate. "Sure, no problem" was Mechlingers answer.

Stuff like this might not seem like a big deal, but in a way... it is a big deal and thank you to these people!

- Berks
Barb Rogue
Last edited by Thedonn; 07-01-2012 at 01:41 AM..
Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Aviak

Zalls an Iksar Shaman, and two fatties I was with. Helped us get across oasis and bound in freeport! very nice guy!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

Won't toot my own horn or pat myself on the back here (don't want to break my arm by doing so) but I am glad to see so many other people helping out their fellow EQ players. It is encouraging and the more we stick to it the better chances are we will all stick around and keep this project we all seem to be enjoying going. Nice thread, hope to see it full of good turns like this

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Last edited by Heavydrop; 07-01-2012 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I buy bone chips at 10pp per stack, even when they are being auctioned for half. That count?
paying 11pp just be come nice guy shinko
Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Roshi (i think his main is Tyrany) gave me some gear and a decent amount of plat to start out

a fellow named Dragonfists ran past me randomly in Oasis and gave me a Hero Bracer and a Poison Wind Censer!
Last edited by pharmakos; 07-01-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old 07-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Id like to time the time out to thank TMO, if you have never played an just read the trolls of p99 forums im sure they seem selfish , but if you actually have ever played w/ them they are a very nice group of people an have helped me personally, and others i know, in so many ways like epic pieces/rezzes/ot hammers/gear the list goes on. Thanks , no brown nose here just saying i like what i have seen.
Last edited by Turp; 07-01-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Closed Thread