Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-16-2021, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haste is fine, Slow is broken as fuck and should have been removed
Probably another broken aggro mechanic. It was interesting to find out in the bug reports forum that Enchanter mez isn't supposed to have the mem wipe component on recast.

Remember on live when Enchanters couldn't drop aggro and got their asses kicked? It's because on live if you mez a mob you get a mem wipe chance on that mez but if you remez it without mez wearing off the mem wipe doesn't occur. So everything you do to a mob while it's mezzed is stacking aggro including each remez. When the tank finally breaks mez the Enchanter has 2-3 mez aggros on them and no one is pulling that off them.

I imagine slow was similarly different on live probably tied into mob resists which are known to be broken especially raid trash and bosses. Much greater chance of resists and higher aggro.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

i shoulda been more clear, was suggesting that necro is only useful to themself

some serious necrophilia goin on in this thread lol
Old 11-16-2021, 12:28 PM
Banned

necro was easiest and fastest class i ever got to 50+ i quit her at 52 tho and never logged in again even to farm twink items for my alts because i was just not that impressed

clerics are more tanky and funner to play idk how else to describe the sensation of being gifted all that power and not wanting it because your pet is gross and u still have to charm to use it
Old 11-16-2021, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think it's necessarily intentional, but I see the magician as having a place in this game. I count it as one of several classes that's simple to play tolerably well and as such a good choice for mediocre or bad players. Such people are a fact of life in social games, so it's just as well they have places to go. Over the years I've known a number of players who could sit on something like a magician or rogue and give a fair contribution when the same person would've been a constant source of frustration and annoyance on a more complicated character.

Danth
Old 11-16-2021, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it's necessarily intentional, but I see the magician as having a place in this game. I count it as one of several classes that's simple to play tolerably well and as such a good choice for mediocre or bad players. Such people are a fact of life in social games, so it's just as well they have places to go. Over the years I've known a number of players who could sit on something like a magician or rogue and give a fair contribution when the same person would've been a constant source of frustration and annoyance on a more complicated character.

Danth
Pretty accurate description. The quartermaster / pog jobs are vital to a unit. Sure anyone can do the jobs, but not everyone can or wants to be the special forces or the pull team.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A good necro is the best groupmate you can possibly have on virtually any class for 90% of all content
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-16-2021, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good necro is the best groupmate you can possibly have on virtually any class for 90% of all content
Man, my ranger loved duoing with necros late 50s. Close enough max haste, decent slow, regen, heals, dps, SUCH dps. Was glorious.
Old 11-16-2021, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

folks that play necros at/near skill cap will disagree

necro is one of the best additions to a group, especially when there are undead mobs to charm

sorry you dont got good necro hope this helps