Default "Legacy Item" implementation on red 2.0

Manastone
Guise
Firepots
Lockets
COS
Elder Beads
?? Other shit

If you had a choice how would you implement these on red 2.0? On red at least there is no list, and its just a PVP warzone around the manastone drop. That is totally enjoyable and awesome, but it still encourages people to get to level 50 immediately and spend as much time getting the manastone as possible since its so high value for the entire rest of EQ.

I don't think the entirity of vanilla eq should be focused on manastone acquisitions. For me it is sort of fun but it limits the experience of the game significantly since its all about one room in lguk.

Then once it's out of game and kunark legacy items are out of game there is a loss of urgency because you're approaching the settled version of the game with no more special items to acquire.

Doesn't seem the best way to have fun and certainly not the classic way to play.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Never add them… or just keep them in the game permanently.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-30-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

there wont be a new red

stop day dreaming

and just join green
Old 11-30-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

If I wanted pve id play red 1.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

guise, bind amulet and firepots never removed. Everything else nerfed from day 1.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never add them… or just keep them in the game permanently.
This
Old 11-30-2021, 09:17 PM
Banned

Leave it all in forever. Or reimplement them + firepots binding forever on red 1.0 and only a limited time on red 2.0
Old 12-01-2021, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there wont be a new red

stop day dreaming

and just join green
Go back to green nerd & stop stepping on our dreams.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-01-2021, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

I agree, there's nothing more pathetic than people from other server rulesets coming into different forum sections to advocate for their preferred style. If green was so great they wouldn't need to come in here trying to convince other players all the time.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

It's not so much the advocating of the style that is a problem, its the useless negativity and lack of creativity.

If he said thoughtfully "Hey I know you guys really wanna do a PVP server, but here is how u can have just as much fun on a PVE server" we might have a discussion. Instead he speaks from with authority from ignorance and makes himself look sad.

It's difficult to describe the difference between PVP everquest and not PVP. One of them your decisions and pace of play and level of engagement actually matter, and the other one, nothing you do negatively impacts your play experience except corpse retrieval frequency.

In one world your only fear is a froglok that never moves and can't look around corners, in the other world all 500+ other players could potentially be a threat or an ally to you depending on how much of a piece of shit you are.

In red you gear actually matters as your strength relates to other players and effects your ability to help your friends or harm your enemies. On blue it is just pride and vanity.

Red 1 is in a sad state because no statements have been made about it. A lot of players are waiting for a new red to play it, and in the mean time very few new players are going to jump on red when its so close to being fully abandoned by its players (mostly for hope of the future server)

As for me, even if staff said "there will never be another pvp server, play the one you have or STFU" I don't know if I would lean into the current red server. All I have to do is raid and get myself better gear, but that isn't the part of the game that I truly enjoy and if no one else is questing around at level 1-59 there isn't much to do.

I do think that the forum trolls have pretty much won on the messageboard. I don't see any of the active players on red ever posting about their achievements or discussing anything because they know some shithead like tunabros will just make fun of them and call them lame for playing lame for caring lame for having fun or whatever. It would be nice to see a new forum moderator and a new server and have blatant shit posting and bashing stamped down on a bit so that there could be a less shitty community around the pvp server on the next go around.

In any case - I think the legacy item discussion is relevant to all future servers as the implementation is up to the p99 team exclusively and I doubt they were any more happy with the outcome of green server and the list process than anyone else was.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-01-2021 at 05:21 PM..