Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight2003 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server isn't classic, you saint
It is a goal we are working towards!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-08-2021, 08:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ever was embarrassed about something that happened in a video game I'd have serious problems to consider. Unlike most people on P99 I actually played classic EQ. I quit right before Kunark and came back late in Velious just before Luclin. There are probably like 5 people on P99 who remember classic era with the same detail I do.

NO ONE was leveling Enchanter in classic EQ unless they hated themselves. By far statistically it was the least popular class. That is why I hate P99 Enchanter so much because I basically want to play Green launch, relive my classic glory, and then quit when Kunark comes out and yet there is Enchanter the most popular class totally inverted from classic.

I was playing actually fun classes and cybering elfs not posting on the SOE forums about why my class seems to be worse with every patch. To answer your question, I share it because those who know classic know I'm right. Those who don't will keep thinking their memories of Luclin and PoP mean anything. One of my recent favorite reads was archived Enchanter posts where everyone agreed they don't even memorize Mez. That's how broken Enchanter was. When they fixed Mez which was broken in about 10 different ways, Enchanters complained they couldn't DoT mobs anymore because they used to be able to DoT a Mezzed mob. I could play P99 Enchanter well but I don't want to, it's a near zero downtime OP class and I only played EQ as something to do to make things I didn't want to do more enjoyable like cleaning the house. I can't clean the house if I have to keep charming and have no reason to stop. I like quadding, I like downtime breaks for cybering elfs and tidying my study.

You weren't there, poser...
Lol the first time i ever played classic i was 11 at my friend matt mcdonough's house (RIP bro, see you in heaven buddy) and when i was 12, my parents got me ruins of kunark and a subscription, i made it to level 14 as enchanter on the most low-effort of low-effort alts, with druid and warrior as my serious mains. I was NOT good at the game, either, but i at least knew enough to know how to not die all the time. You got beat by a 12 year old bro. And normally i wouldnt care to make fun of you at all but like many of the nerf-obsessed youve shown nothing but a horrible, contemptuous attitude from beginning to end, talking about how youre so hardcore and want salty tears and for everyone to rage quit, but really youre just an envious little scrub, the biggest ragequitter of them at all.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:21 AM
Aviak

Also like... cybering elfs?? Not to gay panic, but like... be real with yourself dude. You couldnt play the game because you were too busy cybering the female toons of a majority male demographic? And thats why you get all your knowledge about classic enchanter from vaguely remembered ancient forums posts written by unreliable sources heavily prone to user error? How is more irrelevant, embarrassing information supposed to help your case here? Whats next? "Yeah i peed my pants in a job interview one time. Nerf Enchanter!"
Old 12-08-2021, 08:35 AM
Banned

I'm only embarresed cuz a few guys have fell in love with me and I wasn't able to commit.

Nerf chanters!
Old 12-08-2021, 11:20 AM
Kobold

if they nerf channeling for players they need to nerf it on mobs. its stupid when trying to solo a green con on a high lvl monk that it channels every spell every time through 2 dozen hits and kicks
Old 12-08-2021, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ever was embarrassed about something that happened in a video game I'd have serious problems to consider. Unlike most people on P99 I actually played classic EQ. I quit right before Kunark and came back late in Velious just before Luclin. There are probably like 5 people on P99 who remember classic era with the same detail I do.

NO ONE was leveling Enchanter in classic EQ unless they hated themselves. By far statistically it was the least popular class. That is why I hate P99 Enchanter so much because I basically want to play Green launch, relive my classic glory, and then quit when Kunark comes out and yet there is Enchanter the most popular class totally inverted from classic.

I was playing actually fun classes and cybering elfs not posting on the SOE forums about why my class seems to be worse with every patch. To answer your question, I share it because those who know classic know I'm right. Those who don't will keep thinking their memories of Luclin and PoP mean anything. One of my recent favorite reads was archived Enchanter posts where everyone agreed they don't even memorize Mez. That's how broken Enchanter was. When they fixed Mez which was broken in about 10 different ways, Enchanters complained they couldn't DoT mobs anymore because they used to be able to DoT a Mezzed mob. I could play P99 Enchanter well but I don't want to, it's a near zero downtime OP class and I only played EQ as something to do to make things I didn't want to do more enjoyable like cleaning the house. I can't clean the house if I have to keep charming and have no reason to stop. I like quadding, I like downtime breaks for cybering elfs and tidying my study.

You weren't there, poser...
To start I agree with you on the embarrassment thing. This is also just a game to me, and I am thankful that for me real life is better

But I can’t agree with enchanter being the most popular class, at least not on green. I can only speak for the level ranges I’ve seen, but there no one even comes close to druid. The ability to solo well, travel easily, and make good money by porting others is just too good a combination to compete with, I’m guessing. Druid is hands down the most popular class on Green that I’ve seen

Second seems to be necromancer, which is also the class people would likely be flocking to if enchanter needs ever put in. I would put enchanter maybe at third, but at low to kid levels there are also a surprising amount of mages, at least surprising to me considering how boring their playstyle seems to me. But they are highly popular, probably just as a farming char or a future guild coth bot

When I consider why enchanters aren’t the most popular class, I would say it is because of what I already mentioned, they will always be either boring (if you choose to use the animation) and semi-ineffective (since using the animation results in -50% experience gained always), or they are tense (if you charm solo). I have seen this sentiment echo’d many times when I have been reading the forum before I was playing. There are many people who rolled an enchanter, didn’t like not being able to go to the bathroom while having a mob charmed solo or in a group. And they called enchanter “stressful” a “high stress” class. Anyone who wanted to unwind with some P99 after a hard day is probably not going to enjoy enchanter as much as other classes. This is why I’ve seen others say strong solo’ers like Necro or mage are just more enjoyable to solo for them

In terms of non-stop killing, ehhh, I would only say maybe in an area with caster mobs. I reported chanters could non-stop kill, but at the time I was fighting in FV killing spiders which are 100% casters. Even with ToT, when I charm solo, say, the entrance to SolB, I do have to stop and med even with theft of thought, because there just aren’t enough gnoll shaman around to drain. ToT also only works once per mob, unlike wandering mind. So a long drawn out fight where ToT refreshes is meaningless. But unless you want to do HELLA-spell swapping with your remaining spells, it’s not worth keeping ToT and wandering mind both on your bar. And outdoor zones seem to have a plethora of warrior mobs without mana. I had heard so much about Theft of thought being this insane power spike, and how you could non-stop kill and how it made mana irrelevant, and even if you are in an area with like 30% caster mobs it is just not true. You need a majority of caster mobs for that to be true

Just my .02
Old 12-08-2021, 11:57 AM
Banned

Last point I forgot: when it comes to chanter popularity in Green, a major turn off for people is not having the tab next target hotkey. All you have to work with is the tab hotkey

This ESPECIALLY affects grouping chanters. If a clump of mobs is pulled to the group, you have no hotkey to cycle through targeting each mob in that clump like you do on Blue, yet you are solely responsible for CC’ing. This will require either using fast typing + the /tar command, the group trying to spread out the mobs somehow, or you circling around the clump furiously trying to click parts of mobs or using the tab command (target closest mob) to try to cycle targets that way. It can be a royal pain in the ass and a dealbreaker for many
Old 12-08-2021, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

I still can't believe the dedication to making one class tougher to level.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:28 PM
Banned

drugs
Old 12-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Best cc is wizard. Kite adds with aoe snare, root them all spaced out, use a variety of stuns to keep casters interrupted or fuck it just wuad all four adds down before the group kills the main target lol.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread