Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes 100%

This is what the "camps" looked like before JFK and demorats stole from the mentally ill because they are all satan worshipers.

Homeless care after demorats:

What a bizarre version of history you have. Are you not aware that, while governor of California, it was Regan who closed all the mental health facilities (and made all the crazy people homeless)?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:52 PM
Banned

There were some abuses. It’s before my time so I don’t have the deets and it probably wasn’t all

But where it occurred I heard it was bad

Edit: I like the people just standing around to watch the homeless fight with crutches in one of the pics
Old 12-08-2021, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a bizarre version of history you have. Are you not aware that, while governor of California, it was Regan who closed all the mental health facilities (and made all the crazy people homeless)?
Could always count on Reagan to advance the cause of human liberty. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2021, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many homeless people are sadly beyond help, seemingly. Many of them are so addicted to one substance or another, or so completely devoid of hope, or mentally ill, that you can literally give them a nice cushy place to live and they will either wander back onto the streets or it turns into a crack\whore house. It's not clear what the solution is, but just throwing houses at them because "hey they're homeless" never works.
Damn the term "seemingly" is doing some heavy lifting up in this post

Do you say any of this out of personal experience, or just talking out of your ass again?
Old 12-08-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

So this homeless guy steals someone's car over by the airport in Las Vegas which starts a high speed chase on the highway. A cop tries to lay down a spike strip on the highway and the homeless guy runs him over. Cops then pit maneuver him and shoot and kill the homeless guy.

It turns out this homeless guy is named Douglas Claiborne. Claiborne makes 600k/yr from family inheritance. He gets 50k installments each month. Despite being rich as fuck, he sleeps under a bridge in Hawaii and sometimes flies out to Las Vegas to gamble.

Point being that although giving homeless people shelter is a good idea to normal people with functioning brains, I'm guessing a lot of those homeless people like being homeless.

Local news article if you wanted to read about it.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
read

Quote:
The Community Mental Health Act of 1963 (also known as the Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act, Mental Retardation Facilities and Construction Act of 1963) was an act to provide federal funding for community mental health centers and research facilities in the United States. This legislation was passed as part of John F. Kennedy's New Frontier. It led to considerable deinstitutionalization.
https://www.kqed.org/news/11209729/d...elessness-here

https://www.wbur.org/news/2013/10/23...health-kennedy

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2013...t-experts-say/

https://www.samhsa.gov/homelessness-...ity-based-care

That moment when everything you believed republicans did for your whole life you find out the most loved democrat did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could always count on Reagan to advance the cause of human liberty. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-08-2021 at 05:48 PM..
Old 12-08-2021, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn the term "seemingly" is doing some heavy lifting up in this post

Do you say any of this out of personal experience, or just talking out of your ass again?
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I'm saying many homeless people would still be homeless. Yes, throwing houses at *some* of them will help them. So go do that, by all means (we already do this btw).

What do you do about the remaining homeless people who are hell bent on being homeless?

If you want to see what happens: Invite a homeless person to live in your house. Just let the experiment play out from there.

I'm not denigrating the homeless at all, more trying to get bougie liberals to think harder about the issue.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not denigrating the homeless at all, more trying to get bougie liberals to think harder about the issue.
I asked you a question and you avoided it

Have you worked with the homeless directly? Have you been homeless? Where do you get your information that forms this opinion?
Old 12-08-2021, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From your own article:

Quote:
1963 President John F. Kennedy signs the Community Mental Health Act. This pushes the responsibility of mentally ill patients from the state toward the federal government. JFK wanted to create a network of community mental health centers where mentally ill people could live in the community while receiving care. JFK could have been inspired to act because his younger sister, Rosemary, was mentally disabled, received a lobotomy and spent her life hidden away.

Less than a month after signing the new legislation, JFK is assassinated. The community mental health centers never receive stable funding, and even 15 years later less than half the promised centers are built.
He wasn't getting rid of mental health hospitals, he was trying to make better ones.

Meanwhile ...

Quote:
1967 Ronald Reagan is elected governor of California. At this point, the number of patients in state hospitals had fallen to 22,000, and the Reagan administration uses the decline as a reason to make cuts to the Department of Mental Hygiene. They cut 2,600 jobs and 10 percent of the budget despite reports showing that hospitals were already below recommended staffing levels.

1967 Reagan signs the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act and ends the practice of institutionalizing patients against their will, or for indefinite amounts of time. This law is regarded by some as a “patient’s bill of rights”. Sadly, the care outside state hospitals was inadequate. The year after the law goes into effect, a study shows the number of mentally ill people entering San Mateo's criminal justice system doubles.

1969 Reagan reverses earlier budget cuts. He increases spending on the Department of Mental Hygiene by a record $28 million.

1973 The number of patients in California State mental hospitals falls to 7,000.
Again, it was Republicans who kicked all the crazy people onto the street. Maybe don't try to prove the exact opposite of your point with facts that contradict that point?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-08-2021 at 05:57 PM..
Old 12-08-2021, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I asked you a question and you avoided it

Have you worked with the homeless directly? Have you been homeless? Where do you get your information that forms this opinion?
Haha nice appeal to authority.

But yes, I have known and worked with homeless people. Many. So what?

Hey man if you aren't a registered MATHEMATICIAN you can't tell me 2+2=4!
Closed Thread