Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure it was you, comparing the strife of the half elf race in a video game to the seemingly endless oppression of Black People. Poor taste my friend. Black Lives matter, period! and comparing that movement to any facet of this game is just sad and wrong.
BAYDA!
Old 07-13-2020, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Are Silver Chitin Wristbands worth the price for a Ranger/Bard? I can afford two of them, but I have Hero's Bracer and Hardened Clay Bracelet to transfer already, and these will eventually be replaced with Thurgadin bracers on both characters.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

They are great and usually better than Thurg (for rangers and knights). A nice bracer until/if you can get beno bracers.

Problem is two of them are a good part of the way to an upgrade for weapon or haste. Ice Forged Shackles are a free alternative that looks cool.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are great and usually better than Thurg (for rangers and knights). A nice bracer until/if you can get beno bracers.

Problem is two of them are a good part of the way to an upgrade for weapon or haste. Ice Forged Shackles are a free alternative that looks cool.
If you're talking about Swiftwind, I'm more interested in Earthcaller. Swiftwind would be a second consideration.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're talking about Swiftwind, I'm more interested in Earthcaller. Swiftwind would be a second consideration.
To get the earthcaller you need to do swiftwind. Basically the second to last step of the Ranger epic is a turn in that yields you swiftwind and something else. then you take that something else and another final item to get earthcaller. To my knowledge there is no way to get earthcaller without getting swiftwind first... unless you destroy it or something i guess.....
Old 07-14-2020, 09:26 PM
Aviak

That’s correct. You have an ancient sword forged and get swiftwind, the young dwarven Smith makes you a replica of the ancient sword and that becomes Earth Caller when you turn in the shattered emerald of corruption. To get to the point for earthcaller you would have no reason not to have swiftwind made.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

What I'm saying is, if I'm going to put in the work/money to get Swiftwind, I'm going all the way for Earthcaller too. I'm not just gonna stop at Swiftwind.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

You asked if those if they were “worth the price”.

It depends. Most gear decisions are subjective. Supply and demand dictates that they are indeed “worth it”. People buy them all the time.

The real question is “should you buy them”.

Qualifying factors:
* Do you have the means?
* Are resources best spent elsewhere (hence my weapon question)?
* Are the alternatives even an option? (Non raiders don’t get raid loot, if you aren’t level 46 you can’t get epics even if you have the 200,000 plat)
* Even if you provide us specifics (level, current gear, goals, etc) are you looking for advice or just support of what you have already decided on?

A ranger will rarely be a tank; it’s not ideal. They are a dps with utility buffs who often pulls. Once you meet those goals you should worry about the secondary ones.

As for a bard that’s a bit different. They are a caster who wears plate, they don’t dps but they do CC and pull. Hit points are great but going back to the top of this response: It depends. What instruments do you have? What are your resists like? Most bards would be better served with blue diamond bracelets. Bards (like rangers) who get rooted die. Bards that get feared stop singing songs. So pump that MR...

Note: In efforts to offer feedback On a multi-faceted question in less than 2000 words some of these are assumptions or generalizations. I don’t intend to get in a bard debate and certainly won’t put up much of a fight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. SCW’s are great for everyone, it just depends what you have and what you are trying to accomplish.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-15-2020 at 10:55 AM..
Old 07-15-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

I do have the means, I can make about 3kpp a day if I push for it. They would only be temporary if I do get them though, Thurgadin Bracers and Ice Forged Shackles would eventually replace them, and then they'd go to the next alt for twinking purposes.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

If you get 3k a day farming paineel guards it won’t matter. You will be in the high 40’s forever and sanity will have crept from your psyche. As a howling insane banshee the pixels will barely satiate you.

I’ve leveled two toons to 60 in HK, without the dopamine drip of exp it’s the slowest pace in the game.

Level up and don’t fixate on this crap. Make good decisions and practice your skills. Also if you want to farm with a melee weapons, haste and regen will actively speed up the farm. Better yet reroll a necro or enchanter.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-15-2020 at 01:58 PM..
Closed Thread