Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofSpade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before I get into my post, I'd like to preface by saying that I'm a member of Riot who is a bit of an idealist. I have my own unrealistic hopes for this server that are the primary reason I choose Riot as my home. Riot is the only weapon that I can wield to achieve this dream. The following are all my opinions only. Feel free to agree.

Riot was founded with ambitious and perhaps arrogant goals: We're going to be the better players.

It was founded by and continues to be led by wolves. Veteran raiders who share similar goals as mine, but are very much better suited to dealing with the current raid scene. The end game is a vicious place and requires a particularly savage and objective adherence to beliefs to wade through. This makes them targets. This makes them difficult to deal with sometimes. And if you have even half an understanding of what they're doing, it makes them very respectable.

I say better and not best because we are fallible. We do make mistakes. We own up to our mistakes outright. We concede mobs when we've botched the pull. Our most criticized moments are often us seeking a change in the competition. If change isn't sought from a mistake, then it wasn't a mistake. We will always and immediately seek that change within. It is always disappointing when we expect others to do the same.Riot is the home of my dreams and ally to my values.

I am a member of Riot but I should define that I am not blindly loyal to Riot. Riot is absolutely the most fair and abiding guild on the server. It is the only guild that puts the server rules above its own well-being. This is how all guilds should function. This is how all guilds should be MADE to function. The rules exist to create fairness and balance. They exist to prevent abuses that have somehow been allowed to permeate every-single-week. A guild should not shirk from these rules for short-term gains. Competition is welcomed but no guild should ever have to cheat and lie to get nearly meaningless pixels. I'm very proud that Riot exists fully above board in this regard. We do not ask ourselves "Did anyone see us breaking a rule?" We just ask "DID WE BREAK A RULE?" and that is the absolute decider of whether a mob is conceded. "What can we do better next time?" is always the next question. Ask any member whether these statements are true, I dare you. If this ever changes in Riot, it will not be home to me any longer but I am confident that in those terms, my stay in Riot is cemented.

I realized recently that I've been a silent observer here for far too long. That the direction of the server is no longer being coordinated solely by the staff, but rather by the misanthropic players among us who would rather revel in the smoldering chaos that they can create. So I can no longer be silent.

I'm glad that the cancers of this server are so outspoken. It makes them easy to identify. I've given a couple days for some of the things I've said to circulate and sink in... and many of those I speak of couldn't help themselves and did run rampant with some of my statements. I understand that some of them are very concerned by what my words might do for their own efforts here. Others simply don't understand what I'm doing yet or who I even am. Perhaps if they could actually log in they'd know. They'll have to wait to be told instead.

I refuse to let attacks on this community continue unmitigated and unchecked.
The wool is truely pulled over your eyes.
I've seen the inner workings.

Core was pure, before tempest/awakened bad eggs got in.
Riot is the worst of PS and the worst of AW/Tempest, being carried by some legends; and several of the 'purest' kind people? have all quit or left the guild.

Trust me mate, look closer. Freedom aint perfect, and we have that dickhead beefracistery and condajoke the loudest two people in the world...But it ain't peddling it's bullshit to its members about being holier than thou. As dirty as the rest of them.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:50 AM
Skeleton

The funny thing about this feud between riot and ag, is it’s a tales as old as Romeo and Juliet, or Kane and able. Both sides think they are right. I mean really takes a step back, and realize both sides think they are in the right. I mean even Hitler thought he was in the right, and had a lot of people backing him up. And the funny part is, what are you guys right about? A bunch of people who would rather play video games then spend time with your family’s, or friends, or at least try to make one or the other? People would rather complain then take responsibility. And if that makes you feel better. Then man, how bad do you feel? Download the dr app on your phone and get help. With war, no one wins... there are people out there that feel so bad, that somehow pulling wings off fly's makes them feel better, or burning ants makes them feel more powerful.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Time for bag limits, unrooted but leashed dragons, adjusted resists bois.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofSpade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before I get into my post, I'd like to preface by saying that I'm a member of Riot who is a bit of an idealist. I have my own unrealistic hopes for this server that are the primary reason I choose Riot as my home. Riot is the only weapon that I can wield to achieve this dream. The following are all my opinions only. Feel free to agree.

Riot was founded with ambitious and perhaps arrogant goals: We're going to be the better players.

It was founded by and continues to be led by wolves. Veteran raiders who share similar goals as mine, but are very much better suited to dealing with the current raid scene. The end game is a vicious place and requires a particularly savage and objective adherence to beliefs to wade through. This makes them targets. This makes them difficult to deal with sometimes. And if you have even half an understanding of what they're doing, it makes them very respectable.

I say better and not best because we are fallible. We do make mistakes. We own up to our mistakes outright. We concede mobs when we've botched the pull. Our most criticized moments are often us seeking a change in the competition. If change isn't sought from a mistake, then it wasn't a mistake. We will always and immediately seek that change within. It is always disappointing when we expect others to do the same.Riot is the home of my dreams and ally to my values.

I am a member of Riot but I should define that I am not blindly loyal to Riot. Riot is absolutely the most fair and abiding guild on the server. It is the only guild that puts the server rules above its own well-being. This is how all guilds should function. This is how all guilds should be MADE to function. The rules exist to create fairness and balance. They exist to prevent abuses that have somehow been allowed to permeate every-single-week. A guild should not shirk from these rules for short-term gains. Competition is welcomed but no guild should ever have to cheat and lie to get nearly meaningless pixels. I'm very proud that Riot exists fully above board in this regard. We do not ask ourselves "Did anyone see us breaking a rule?" We just ask "DID WE BREAK A RULE?" and that is the absolute decider of whether a mob is conceded. "What can we do better next time?" is always the next question. Ask any member whether these statements are true, I dare you. If this ever changes in Riot, it will not be home to me any longer but I am confident that in those terms, my stay in Riot is cemented.

I realized recently that I've been a silent observer here for far too long. That the direction of the server is no longer being coordinated solely by the staff, but rather by the misanthropic players among us who would rather revel in the smoldering chaos that they can create. So I can no longer be silent.

I'm glad that the cancers of this server are so outspoken. It makes them easy to identify. I've given a couple days for some of the things I've said to circulate and sink in... and many of those I speak of couldn't help themselves and did run rampant with some of my statements. I understand that some of them are very concerned by what my words might do for their own efforts here. Others simply don't understand what I'm doing yet or who I even am. Perhaps if they could actually log in they'd know. They'll have to wait to be told instead.

I refuse to let attacks on this community continue unmitigated and unchecked.
go outside
Old 09-22-2020, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing about this feud between riot and ag, is it’s a tales as old as Romeo and Juliet, or Kane and able. Both sides think they are right. I mean really takes a step back, and realize both sides think they are in the right. I mean even Hitler thought he was in the right, and had a lot of people backing him up. And the funny part is, what are you guys right about? A bunch of people who would rather play video games then spend time with your family’s, or friends, or at least try to make one or the other? People would rather complain then take responsibility. And if that makes you feel better. Then man, how bad do you feel? Download the dr app on your phone and get help. With war, no one wins... there are people out there that feel so bad, that somehow pulling wings off fly's makes them feel better, or burning ants makes them feel more powerful.
huh?

i'm just playing a video game where i kill dragons.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:42 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a cease and desist order
Attachment 13257
Old 09-22-2020, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time for bag limits, unrooted but leashed dragons, adjusted resists bois.
Sadly most players now can't even imagine what raiding in smaller guilds would be like. Megazergs is all they know

AM = Riot = Freedom+AG
Old 09-22-2020, 07:32 AM
Sarnak

I like how you guys keep linking the only thing you have on me that you think is even slightly embarassing lol. It must be weird to not have any ammo.

I couldn't be more proud of those posts and you're all too dumb to understand what they did. Every time you bring it up it just makes me laugh IRL.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Core was pure
RIP Core 2018-2018
Old 09-22-2020, 09:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My lawful alignment says to stay loyal. But my evil side says to obey whatever guild can get me pixels. It's a tough call sometimes

Neither guild is really winning RNF
agree rnf game is weak on both sides

we got zipity making bad posts on one hand and you have people like dogma existing on the other
Closed Thread