Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Names that are phrases have never been allowed. Sure lots of people have them but no one seriously expects to keep stupid names forever.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckshit22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi large fucking bat here. is name policy classic? if not, why bother wasting precious volunteer time on this?
Yes naming policy was enforced in classic.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell us more about your white supremacist ideology. Maybe how you feel about Jews or gay marriage?
lol da fuq

calm down kid
Old 10-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

The OP is what would happen if a Proudboy and a Karen had a baby and it didn't survive.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuckshit22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi large fucking bat here. is name policy classic? if not, why bother wasting precious volunteer time on this?
This is part of name-related rant called: "A dangerous precedent", posted on 12/7/2000

Quote:
Well Good ol' Verant is at it again. Lately due to being in my first hell lvl and also for personal reasons I've been playing a druid char on Morell-Thule and am in a guild that was started by a guy I work with that's called Tolkien's Revenge. TR has approximately 75 ppl in the guild and is one of, if not, the largest guild on MT. The guild has been in existence for over 6 months now and the other night, without warning, the head temp GM (the other is on maternity leave)disbanded the guild with NO warning. When a few of the officers and the guild leader petitioned, the GM stated that they recieved a complaint about the name and that it was a violation of Verant's naming policy as it was a copyright infringement so he disbanded it. Ant attempts to further speak to him were met with "I'm busy" or the guild leader andofficers were world kicked when they tried to complain. The problem that I have, and many on the whineplay boards where there are 2 threads on this are posted is this; this name WENT thru the approval process without problems, and the guild has had dealings with 4 or 5 GMs since approval when udates caused members to lose tags, and twice the guild leader accidently deleted the guild while talking and executed the delete command somehow. NEVER has the name been a problem until the very FIRST night this GM is on. Also, since Verant's naming policy was brought up, then FoH on Veeshan is also in violation as they're named after book by Robert Jordan, which according to Verant is also a violation.
1) "Good ol'Verant", check
2) GM rude asshole complaint, check
3) Being ignored, check
4) World-kick punishment, check
5) Snitching on others, check

What has always been, will always be.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Just like to point out that specific example https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5860 has the guy mention that his plainly illegal guild name was "approved" and like a bunch of other GMs ignored it so it must have been all right. So the outrage when a GM happens that actually enforces the rules is awesome.

Inconsistent naming enforcement is as classic as it gets.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Snitching on FoH for a Robert Jordan copyright violation, when half their guild was Verant employees lol. I'm sure that got some traction.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Banned

That name does suck for an eq character

Also guys, there seriously are almost no white supremacists in the country. Like, almost none. And everyone hates them. They are a fringe joke with absolutely no power. Let it go, you're living in a paranoid delusion if you believe this, seriously. I'm concerned about you if you live this way. It's a buzzword that has oozed into your brain by osmosis.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That name does suck for an eq character

Also guys, there seriously are almost no white supremacists in the country. Like, almost none. And everyone hates them. They are a fringe joke with absolutely no power. Let it go, you're living in a paranoid delusion if you believe this, seriously. I'm concerned about you if you live this way. It's a buzzword that has oozed into your brain by osmosis.
Yes this is true. Just like Trump voters are a distinct minority compared to the popular majority of American voters who wanted Hillary to win.

However thanks to the internet, and a president who encourages and emboldens these fringe elements, these hate groups have been granted an outsized voice to spread their nefarious message.

Thanks again to staff for not allowing the OP's coded hate speech to infect our community.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Banned

BLM is a black supremacist group, prove me wrong
Closed Thread