Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Default Where's the post with the 37,000 platinum loot on Red99?

Does anyone have a link to the thread where someone bought something from someone for 37k, then logged into a 35% hp warrior and used Mighty Strike to stunlock him, and killed him before he could bank the plat? And they posted a screenshot of looting the corpse? I keep telling people that story.

Or did that thread get nuked when the poster got banned? Red people get themselves banned so often.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

Train wreck got tamtam. Was a good post and it wasn’t even during the good times.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:32 AM
Sarnak

I snagged him for 15k? + a fingerbone hoop
Old 08-13-2020, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

I found it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's called "thanks tamtam."

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=169470

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hi Krazy.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:34 AM
Fire Giant

Memories.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 08-13-2020, 06:55 AM
Banned

Tamtam was a great dude. Maybe not the best player - but a stand up guy.

He quit playing shortly after this incident if I recall correctly. Most of you gloating here over the "ahhh memories" are directly in effect the cause of this population problem.

Ask for a new server as you recall how big of a douche you were. Is there really any wonder why the staff doesn't feel inclined to make a new Red?
Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Its openworld pvp. If people think he was hard done by they have the option of going antipk vigilante crew and taking the money back from slimeballs.

I was joking around there, but now realise i actually do miss miss antipk police, bounties and so on. Made the world feel so much more alive.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its openworld pvp. If people think he was hard done by they have the option of going antipk vigilante crew and taking the money back from slimeballs.

I was joking around there, but now realise i actually do miss miss antipk police, bounties and so on. Made the world feel so much more alive.
After this happened I actually gave Tam the item he was going to use that plat to purchase (free). He still ended up quitting.

You're missing the point about this game being community based. When it becomes apparent you're surrounded by bad people - you don't want to play with them anymore.

A 20+ year old game should not have the antics of children. But oddly enough, it still does. Somehow it feels like most people on this project are trapped in some kind of time-vortex. Sadly.

People that like to log in, dick around and shoot the shit and enjoy the game are outcast. PVP is fun - when it's friendly and not hate-based. (Which c'mon - look at the raid scene and 12 year old grudges still firing between people).

I'm still thankful for the great people I've met on here. Just a shame things turned out to be so life altering for folks like Tune and many others.

Anywho take care Jim,
Keeth
Old 08-13-2020, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

yes there are a lot of bad people on here, but I am not one of them

yes I've pvped, I've slayed people

there are even times I've played A LOT, life altering? i wouldn't say that

the problem here stems from a few things

1) when people die in this game they get mad, sometimes furious

2) this causes them to do crazy things, cry to gms, infiltrate staff, get people banned etc etc

3) until this psyche changes, we will never have a fun pvp experience

problem stems from a society or participation trophies and all those ideologies need to be reversed

when i died did i cry ? no i dusted myself off looted my corpse and kept coming back trying different ways to win

Other people need to do that and start thinking more creatively. the game is 90% preperation. if there is a will there is a way
Old 08-13-2020, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Where's the post with the 37,000 platinum loot on Red99?

Tune makes post about himself, 110% on server health dudes. /lolandshit
Closed Thread