Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 08:07 AM
Aviak

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fnas omi%2Fposts%2F498314023703076%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="464" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

I'm curious as well, I don't know enough about the game to determine how far it's drifted from its classic self. Here is a fun advancement though. FFXI on tablets!

Edit: embedded link seems to have failed, it's a picture from the FFXI Nasomi Facebook page showing FFXI running on a tablet (working on fps).
Old 05-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder why more people aren't interested in private classic FFXI servers.

There are a few, but Nasomi seems to be the best one in terms of being close-ish to classic compared to the others.
Because there is already p99, and ffxi was just a really generic version of EQ. It was mostly for console players and those with extreme final fantasy fetish. Everyone else wanted to pull their hair out running around that cheesy world at eq walk speeds and enduring combat where you swing once every 5-10 seconds and get to use a special ability like once a minute.

I still enjoyed it more than new mmos, but it was a far cry from EQ in terms of quality.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are a few, but Nasomi seems to be the best one in terms of being close-ish to classic compared to the others.
I had no idea any of them even existed! Which also reminds me about that Vanguard emu project mentioned on these forums some time ago.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 05-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:

because the controls are shit for an mmo and this is coming from someone who played ffXI back in the day. Don't play an unless you have a controller to use.
Last edited by Grubbz; 05-29-2016 at 09:40 PM..
Old 06-02-2016, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

I'm going to try this out tonight. Appreciate the info Ritual.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 06-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Aviak

I miss classic FFXI more than anything, but Nasomi is still a far cry from real classic FFXI in a lot of ways, and the population doesn't compare to what's here on P99.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because the controls are shit for an mmo and this is coming from someone who played ffXI back in the day. Don't play an unless you have a controller to use.
There is full keyboard layout or compact 1 and compact 2 layout. I used to play with keyboard with no issues and currently playing with a pad.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to try this out tonight. Appreciate the info Ritual.
takes forever to install because of the patcher and stuff, but once you get in its really easy to login etc.

if you end up getting on, send me a PM so i can help you with graphics settings. Default graphics/fps compared to what is possible by changing certain settings makes the game look amazing.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
takes forever to install because of the patcher and stuff, but once you get in its really easy to login etc.

if you end up getting on, send me a PM so i can help you with graphics settings. Default graphics/fps compared to what is possible by changing certain settings makes the game look amazing.
I came to terms with being weak willed this morning when I realized there's just way too much work to put into this on this server. So I found another one with a lot of quality of life stuff added as well as custom content post lvl 75. Feels a lot like what Shards of Dalaya is compared to Project 1999. It's called LegionDark and that's where I've decided to sow some roots.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIPrivate...er_now_online/

They seem to get about 100 or so people on prime time. Not bad.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 06-03-2016, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

I mean I'm not going to dispute that but I'm not prepared for the classic FFXI grind ya know?

I'm super interested in those graphic tweaks though. Shit's a lot more grainy than I remember it.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread