Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because there is already p99, and ffxi was just a really generic version of EQ. It was mostly for console players and those with extreme final fantasy fetish. Everyone else wanted to pull their hair out running around that cheesy world at eq walk speeds and enduring combat where you swing once every 5-10 seconds and get to use a special ability like once a minute.

I still enjoyed it more than new mmos, but it was a far cry from EQ in terms of quality.
Careful. Those arguments, that combat takes too long and needs speeding up, or that you traverse the world too slowly, are exactly the same aeguments that kids use today to claim that EQ is objctively worse than modern mmos.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Just hit lvl 13 WHM on nasomi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I'm not going to dispute that but I'm not prepared for the classic FFXI grind ya know?

I'm super interested in those graphic tweaks though. Shit's a lot more grainy than I remember it.
I dont know which launcher you use, but make sure you set all the resolutions to the native on your monitor. Change the "Background Resolution" to 2x your native resolution. (1920x1080 multiplied by 2 for each respective number). That is the main thing that will improve your graphics.

Again, I don't know if you use ashita, but try /fps 1 once you log in and /drawdistance setworld 5 /drawdistance setmob 5
Old 06-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know which launcher you use, but make sure you set all the resolutions to the native on your monitor. Change the "Background Resolution" to 2x your native resolution. (1920x1080 multiplied by 2 for each respective number). That is the main thing that will improve your graphics.

Again, I don't know if you use ashita, but try /fps 1 once you log in and /drawdistance setworld 5 /drawdistance setmob 5
I did some google-fu and ended up doing the whole registry edit thing to get it looking pretty. The background resolution to twice native resolution was fucking MASSIVE. I'll try out the drawdistance tweaks here in a little bit, thanks for the tip mrgoochio!

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 06-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I edited my registry as well, but FFXI seems to run in 30fps capped so /fps 1 will limit your FPS to 60. when you go above 60fps all the animations get wonky so even though I have a 120hz monitor I run at 60capped. With the drawdistance up a bit and the background textures 2x and 60fps, this game looks amazing for its age. Looks like a modern title to me, albeit some of the ground textures aren't that great. The art style is really amazing in this game though
Old 06-06-2016, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyVee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Careful. Those arguments, that combat takes too long and needs speeding up, or that you traverse the world too slowly, are exactly the same aeguments that kids use today to claim that EQ is objctively worse than modern mmos.
There is a difference between realistically slow, and ffxi slow. I could walk backwards faster in real life than players run in ffxi. It was fucking retarded.

And eq combat was slower paced, but still fast enough to be challenging and full of strategy. ffxi on the other hand was just like watching paint dry.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitualSacrifice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't mod draw distance, bro. Nasomi has specifically stated that in the past. I'd ask him just to be sure that hhasn't changed though
idk I didn't have to enable anything to make drawdistance work. Just had to type /drawdistance setworld <number> in-game. in any case, i'll check out the nasomi wiki/faq. Thanks for the heads up
Old 06-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitualSacrifice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't mod draw distance, bro. Nasomi has specifically stated that in the past. I'd ask him just to be sure that hhasn't changed though
Quote:
Windower development is under way but at this time no. Keep in mind, most plugins and add-on's are not permitted. Timestamp, recast, distance, fps are about it.
Looks like we good to go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Quoted by nasomi
Closed Thread