Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Not soloing a /list for someone else

Leave it to some people to ruin this mechanic...i logged in early today to get a camp.. I am quite frustrated as a lower lvl barely high enough to do the camp was harboring the #1 spot... 2 others left because no its not worth it to do that for people... if you cant handle it bring help .. or get higher level.. my point to this is only this maybe just implement a kill safe .. as in if you do not touch the mob in over an hour or the ph .. that you are removed or warned if you do not do anything to the said PH or MOb you lose your spot... i logged in to only find non of the mobs killed and lvl 35 unable to handle the camp for certain waiting for people to join so he could get it first...

GREAT MECHANIC btw the /list is awesome.. but some people will abuse it but just maybe this could work?
Old 12-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah im about to leave the camp.. its just not worth it to kill something that i could be there for 10 hours for someone to be ahead of me...and thats 10 hours for there drop who knows for mine
Old 12-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Banned

You mean you dont want to farm a spawn for someone else for 12+ hours while they just sit there waiting to loot it?

Oh man how selfish! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

That's beyond fucked up someone would ask a developer to take their time and effort and code some functionality because they themselves do not want to take the effort to clear someones spawn so they can move up the list.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

what camp?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it's a weird situation. On the one hand, why not just group up with the person and you guys can both get some XP while killing mobs?

On the other, this is a flaw in the system. Apparently the intent is simply to mimic the old classic way of doing things where people would create informal lists. However, the issue that arises is that in the old days you needed to be able to kill the mob because that's how you got the loot rights. They weren't awarded by computer code to the next person on the list. As such, in the classic days you wouldn't even bother going to the camp to join any list unless you could kill the mob yourself. I've come to see this as a really big flaw in the system that's actually creating a more unclassic situation by permitting people who otherwise wouldn't be there to get on the list.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's beyond fucked up someone would ask a developer to take their time and effort and code some functionality because they themselves do not want to take the effort to clear someones spawn so they can move up the list.
Agreed

So now I have to make a solo class if I want to get a list item?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed

So now I have to make a group if I want to get a list item?
FTFY
Old 12-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Orc

AFK checks can have an opposite effect, especially for long camps. It's easy to watch tv or do other things on the computer while periodically checking the afk box, which is very appealing to classes with hide or feign death. As it stands the person at position #1 on a list is not responsible for clearing ph's and killing the listed mob. I wish camp rules would apply to the list rules, that way if someone is #1 on the list for an item and is not engaging the listed mob in a reasonable ammount of time, it would fall under zone/area disruption.

You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.
Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players.

/list is supposed to help the volunteer staff with the amount of petitions that come from contested camps. I hope it's helping.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Banned

lol, had something simular to us happen. I'm not here to farm pixels for people who simply stand in line, either u kill it or bring people with you who can. we waited 2.5 hours for someone other then the person in #1 spot to bring a group of people to kill it.

I won't even mention what happened next because its done and over with. but yea. Sorry im not farming anyone who is afk/cant kill shit that is on list.
Closed Thread