Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

I appreciate you want to help, but I come here for fun discussion and 'travel', not homework.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jim I want you to do the same with the UK that I’ve done with the US. It will clarify this discussion. You’re better to do this because you know specifics about us better than me too.

Take 3 fields. Spending, immigration and social issues.

Take a look at how the UK was in 1995. Write down what was going on with all these 3 things.

Then compare to 2019.

Has there been a shift to the left in spending? Meaning, is there more money being spent now? How much more? Conserving money is a conservative position. This one is easy to figure out.

Immigration? What do the numbers look like in comparison to 1995? Are you opening the borders increasingly to become liberal with immigration or the numbers staying about the same or going the other way?

Social issues? How is lgbt treated compared to 1995. Did your country shift left or right since 1995.

This will give you perspective on your country’s shift during your life time.
This is demonstrably false.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is demonstrably false.
Nope. I know what your thinking even before you write it out. Republican =/= conservative. We have lots of establishment republicans around that act like liberals.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate you want to help, but I come here for fun discussion and 'travel', not homework.
That’s fine but we aren’t going to get anywhere if we don’t dig deep beyond the surface area at some point.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has there been a shift to the left in spending? Meaning, is there more money being spent now? How much more? Conserving money is a conservative position. This one is easy to figure out.
google growth lol
Old 12-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Please ban teppler, he’s really annoying and can’t spell EQ
Old 12-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

I think minimising costs is great, but the idea that minimising spending is morally better seems too reductionist. And it's reductionist to define conservative by that one metric.

Regardless, i have my cocoa in bed we'll plod on for fun.

Spending is fine when done as investment. If you can spend a billion pounds to save or make a trillion that is good.

If you can turn an unemployable sponge that causes social harm into a productive worker that is a double win economically.

Measures of inflation are notoriously fuzzy, but the only spending that has really gone up, and not even by an order of magnitude is education, health and social protection. This is without considering the 10% population rise, which means the increase isn't so large on a per capita basis.

Without knowing how well that money was spent (which is always a worry: cronyism suggests it was put into a friends pocket via 'contracting', which is a form of conservative) I'd say these are worthwhile areas for investment (again public order, education and health). It's not like kids can pay for their own education, and getting a low wage worker of a profitable business back in the assembly line benefits the economy and reduces welfare costs.

You have to weigh the costs of not spending vs the cost of spending, right?

Something that has reduced is the wardebt was paid off. Thanks for the 'help'.

Immigration... Looking at my own house I've gone from 5/5 natives to 1/3 natives... And thats if you include ((great)grand)children of an immigrant born in the uk as native. Economically speaking workers are profitable to the economy. More workers = more profit... Not necessarily to the benefit of the commoner though. The capitalist in me sees increased opportunity for profit tbh. The nationalist in me is proud people view the country as a desirable place to live.

I don't see how a couple of my friends dicking each other in private is anything to do with the government? Regulating that is a step towards big government. Not politically conservative. Maybe socially.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think minimising costs is great, but the idea that minimising spending is morally better seems too reductionist. And it's reductionist to define conservative by that one metric.

Regardless, i have my cocoa in bed we'll plod on for fun.

Spending is fine when done as investment. If you can spend a billion pounds to save or make a trillion that is good.

If you can turn an unemployable sponge that causes social harm into a productive worker that is a double win economically.

Measures of inflation are notoriously fuzzy, but the only spending that has really gone up, and not even by an order of magnitude is education, health and social protection. This is without considering the 10% population rise, which means the increase isn't so large on a per capita basis.

Without knowing how well that money was spent (which is always a worry: cronyism suggests it was put into a friends pocket via 'contracting', which is a form of conservative) I'd say these are worthwhile areas for investment (again public order, education and health). It's not like kids can pay for their own education, and getting a low wage worker of a profitable business back in the assembly line benefits the economy and reduces welfare costs.

You have to weigh the costs of not spending vs the cost of spending, right?

Something that has reduced is the wardebt was paid off. Thanks for the 'help'.

Immigration... Looking at my own house I've gone from 5/5 natives to 1/3 natives... And thats if you include ((great)grand)children of an immigrant born in the uk as native. Economically speaking workers are profitable to the economy. More workers = more profit... Not necessarily to the benefit of the commoner though. The capitalist in me sees increased opportunity for profit tbh. The nationalist in me is proud people view the country as a desirable place to live.

I don't see how a couple of my friends dicking each other in private is anything to do with the government? Regulating that is a step towards big government. Not politically conservative. Maybe socially.
In America, cost increases associated with education and healthcare are almost entirely based on “administrative costs,” whatever that means. Basically more ass holes pushing red tape, and probably associated with private hospitals and universities as opposed to the actual government bureaucracy. It’s infuriating. That and 50% of Americans are obese diabetic slugs whose blood is more viscous than motor oil
Old 12-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Banned

Default number go up

fredgraph.jpg
Old 12-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Healthcare and education costs per capita are up wonkie, I’m not talking absolute numbers I’m talking percentages
Closed Thread