Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What could be more startling than the snarl from a Giant right before the loud crunch?

Other than that, my scariest time was probably being charmed in the gorge by an EE and led around the maze...watching the EE stop and buff all the other mobs. Eventually charm broke and I died. Paid some lvl 22 druid to retrieve my corpse.

Scariest dungeon (until you get used to it) simply has to be Kedge; though the planes (fear/hate) run a close second. But that might be because in fear/hate I just stood with the big group and smacked things pulled into camp. In Kedge I was usually the one leading / pulling.
Fear was generally terrifying because when I played, casual guilds usually couldn't break it (this is kunark era), and it often meant many deaths. As a puller, Hate was often pretty terrifying because of wacky pathing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Kobold

For me on Live was swimming around deep in Kedge with invis on (everything around me was red). When I saw the flashing eye buff icon and the message "You feel yourself starting to appear" my heart dropped. I just hit the gate button and prayed I got it off before getting smashed. I did make it though.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What could be more startling than the snarl from a Giant right before the loud crunch?
--
Good point. I remember that as a caster I had to stare at my spell book while I meditated. There was no feeling like suddenly hearing the stomp, stomp stomp sound of an approaching giant. Usually it was too late to stand up and run when you could hear the approaching giant.
-----------------------
Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fear was generally terrifying because when I played, casual guilds usually couldn't break it (this is kunark era), and it often meant many deaths. As a puller, Hate was often pretty terrifying because of wacky pathing...
Yes, one of the casual guilds I was in had to beg for another guild to help us out of the zone (Fear). We got overwhelmed on zone in, none of the Necros managed to FD.

Although just prior to the other guild getting there, I did manage to run my cleric in - on another suicide run and get a necro rezzed up - he FD after that with a Soul Stone.

Now I recall why I played the cleric... lol, you could do some insane things and not worry about XP deaths so much.

The other one I recall - this was one of those nights where I got logged off at like 3:30 AM and had to work in the morning - a bad Chardok wipe. What made it such an issue was that it was pretty much impossible to invis in, took us quite a while to find a willing Necro. Sebilis wasn't quite as bad in that regard, but maybe it's because I knew the zone so well.
Last edited by Overcast; 08-17-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Old 08-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Terrorantula...

'nuff said.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Orc

I had gotten my enchanter to mid-30's and had acquired some decent gear for my level at the time. I was messing around outside the mysterious door/rock to Paineel when I fell in the hole.

Loading...please wait.

CRUNCH!

Loading...please wait.

I think I actually formed tears as I walked away from my computer that night. Fortunately, I was part of a guild who were made up of nice people and they all gathered on the mission to save my stupid ass corpse from the Hole. It was scariest and worst experience I ever had in EQ. It was also the best.

That said Kith at night is pretty scary too.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seritaph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had gotten my enchanter to mid-30's and had acquired some decent gear for my level at the time. I was messing around outside the mysterious door/rock to Paineel when I fell in the hole.

Loading...please wait.

CRUNCH!

Loading...please wait.

I think I actually formed tears as I walked away from my computer that night. Fortunately, I was part of a guild who were made up of nice people and they all gathered on the mission to save my stupid ass corpse from the Hole. It was scariest and worst experience I ever had in EQ. It was also the best.

That said Kith at night is pretty scary too.
The Hole was such an awesome friggin zone. I can't wait till it opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread