Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Default Strategy for pulling the first 3 mobs in HoT?

So assuming your raid was CoH'd to the zone out, what is your strategy for pulling the first 3 mobs?

I've been standing facing the wall in the 3rd person right before the long hallway. I eye pull the mob at the far end of the hall and try to flop right before a mob gets line of sight.

I then hope that one of them paths back so my tagger can tag.

I would love any tips I can get for this please.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

You can fish with eyeballs and get lucky,

If you want the easiest way, have a monk agro everything, use disc/run the train away, tag off, pull to warrior, have tagger flop out of camp.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Ohhh, I like that second option! Is there any specific route you would go while training away?
Old 07-17-2019, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

You can pull the first mob across the hall using eyeballs to drag it toward you. As soon as it's past the intersection you can click your eye off and it will be out of line of sight of the static wurm.

Once that's dead send another eye across the hall and drag the mob behind the door out to where the first mob was originally. Throw a javelin to aggro it. It's outside the assist radius of the wurm so it will come solo even as it runs through the intersection past the wurm.

Once those two are dead drag the static wurm out slightly from it's spawn point, click your eye off, then second another one in. It'll come solo without the fourth spawn.

After that most pulls should be trivially solo.

Another trick is to leave the cubby mob (the one to the left of the intersection) up until you've cleared the first three mobs, as it stops those mobs from fleeing at low HP.

You can also use the one-way, invisible walls to break line of sight and split out any deeper pulls even if they're pathing almost on top of one another.
Closed Thread