Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Wiki loot?

So, what are the exact percentages associated with "uncommon" "rare" etc?

Also, what are the numbers to the right of the loot IE " [1] 1x 100% (25%)" etc?
Old 08-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Your guess is as good as anyone elses
Old 08-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, what are the numbers to the right of the loot IE " [1] 1x 100% (25%)" etc?
I think the numbers you see are amount of samples that people have added to the wiki. Unless you had a lot of data for a mob which most don't, the %'s are pretty useless.

The rare, uncommon, ultra-rare etc, is just to give you an idea on the rarity of the drops in that mobs loot table.

Some of this may be pulled from Alla as well but I generally find it fairly accurate. If you want exact %'s, I don't think those exist.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the numbers you see are amount of samples that people have added to the wiki. Unless you had a lot of data for a mob which most don't, the %'s are pretty useless.

The rare, uncommon, ultra-rare etc, is just to give you an idea on the rarity of the drops in that mobs loot table.

Some of this may be pulled from Alla as well but I generally find it fairly accurate. If you want exact %'s, I don't think those exist.
Yeah, this has been my sense as well. There's no "translation" possible, it's just some entries people added numbers for and some (most) they didn't, and instead just sort of approximated (which obviously means it will vary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Often with two percentages one is the chance of a rare mob, and one is the chance that they'll drop the item, but I'd have to see the context.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2019 at 05:28 PM..
Old 08-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Ballpark numbers here: uncommon 1 in 3; rare 1 in 10; ultra rare 1 in 20.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-10-2019, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

I'm not really sure, but from my puzzling over the eqemu drop rate numbers, I think they might be trying to describe the two different drop rates as a product, but the numbers don't quite work. There's a two step loot drop in the game engine, where first you roll to see if the loot table is going to drop, then you roll on the table some number of times to see what you get. Not all of the tables are fully populated with numbers up to 100+ though, so you can not get something even if you rolled a drop, and stuff can have multiple tables, and multiple rolls on a given table.

Anyway, I'm guessing someone might have scraped that info from the default eqemu database and autoimported it into some wiki pages in some format? Been trying to make sense of it to see if I could figure it out. The ice giant page definitely tagged the different loot tables with the [1], [2], [3], [4]. Reading the other numbers, I think the 1x is the number of rolls on the table, the 35% is the percent chance of rolling something on the table, and the 6% or 7% is the chance that's what you get if you roll something for that table. That doesn't work for group 3 though, so not sure what happened there?

Overall, probably wouldn't trust that very much. I'm inclined to look at the stock eqemu database for guidance, but like everything here it can only give hints at what might be true on P99, since a lot of things have changed.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ballpark numbers here: uncommon 1 in 3; rare 1 in 10; ultra rare 1 in 20.
If it's not a named mob, ultra rare usually means like 1 in 1,000. Thinking like Forest Loop here for example.

So it really just depends.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Forest loops are common. Gem encrusted rings are ultra rare
Closed Thread