Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, it's a bit funny 'cuz luclin skeletons have a bunch of animation data that apparently goes unused.

Thinking about pre-luclin skeles though. If the 367 data is pasted over the classic skele data and you don't have the luclin one being loaded, might be able to make all skeletons look like the LDoN one without problems. Might depend how the client detects that the model being loaded is the luclin skele rather than the classic one, though. Might depend on the file it's being loaded from, or they might have different 3-letter identifiers... I'm not sure which file classic skele is loaded from at the moment, I'll have to go look ;p
Old 08-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 08-07-2014 at 05:08 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

global_chr.s3d. I made a lit of all races/id numbers and the files they're pulled from. Posted it to the EQEmu boards hehe.

Afaik (just layman's understanding) it just seems to check .eqg versus /s3d then after that may check file age? Seems to try to pull the newest available file/model that matches and uses whatever data may be within. animation/graphics etc. Doesn't seem to have any prior knowledge to what it's pulling so long as they match the expected number and it is capable of rendering it. Example: The race 30 ("Ghost") was in since classic days. But was never given a model/file and never used in game. Call of the Forsaken comes out not even a year ago and they finally give it a file/model. That file, if dragged to a client much older than CoTF (Underfoot, even Titanium) and added to globalload or a zone allows the race to load up perfectly fine.

So i don't think it should matter what animations etc are used, it just looks for the file that matches (my best guess, newest file but that's just a guess, i have no freaking clue lol) and pulls it and all data inside.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Generally the loading is straightforward, yeah. Pretty sure the order things are loaded in is the overriding factor when there are clashes (first wins). But in this specific case, it's less clear; both skeletons are named the same (SKE) but the client has to be able to distinguish them somehow to say "override the animations on this one" versus not doing that on the other. Just don't want to trip that accidentally!

Anywho, I might work up a generic "replace model A from file B with model C from file D" tool so someone can piss classic people off with screenshots of snakes using cazic thule's model or whatever. The other tool is already half-way there.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Ok! Gonna wait to make the update to the guide until then so i can kill two birds with one stone in one patch rather than break it up into two. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Classic skeletons are amazing, great animations. All skeleton models after are terrible. The attack animation on the LDoN era skeleton is slow motion.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Well, made things easy on myself and just added a "rename" function to the extracter tool instead.

Using LDoN skeles in place of classic mostly works. Only trouble is that their sit and stand animations appear to get reversed, so they collapse into a pile of bones as they get up and uncollapse and freeze into the first frame of their standing position when sitting. Things straighten out as soon as they move, at least... Could probably fix that one way or another but more work than I care to put into it at this point. Oh, and the alternate textures don't work for whatever reason.

Instructions for nobody:
1) Copy skt_chr.s3d (LDoN skele file) and rename it to ske_chr.s3d
2) Go to ske_chr.s3d in the extracter tool, right-click the SKT_ACTORDEF bit that comes up in the other column and select "Rename Model"
3) In the rename popup, change SKT to SKE
4) Put ske_chr in your global load file above global_chr and/or global6_chr

Made me realize that the extracter tool currently misses alternate textures and particle data associated with a model. Might fix later.

edit:
Replacing one model with another globally is much the same:
1) Find a file containing the model you want (this list is a good place to start if the model you want is not already global, otherwise it's probably in a file with "global" in its name)
2) Copy that file OR extract the desired model from it.
3) Find the 3-letter identifier for the model you want to replace (above list helps there too)
4) In the copied/extracted file, rename your desired model from whatever it's 3-letter identifier currently is to the 3-letter identifier of the model to be replaced
5) Put the copied/extracted file high up in the global load file (first line is fine)

If you have texture caching on (I think?) sometimes some of the original model's textures will show up instead of the proper ones. Should sort itself out, else you can delete the texture cache files.

Cazic Thule snakes work, other than having a bizarre kick animation (kicks his entire model at you). At least the cazic from unrest_chr, didn't try the one from fearplane_chr.

Making non-global replacements would also be doable, but more work to set up.
Last edited by Zaela; 08-07-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Closed Thread