Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Pathing

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Default Eastern Wastes

Chief Ry'Gorr and Elite Guards aggro through the ceiling.

Ry'Gorr Messenger is walking, should be running.

Tain Hammerfrost stays standing, should fall down in the snow while emoting and lay there for a while, get up, repeat.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

+1, the guards upstairs warp through the floor from above as soon as you enter the Chief's room.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:44 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This belongs in pathing.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleToad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chief Ry'Gorr and Elite Guards aggro through the ceiling.
He should aggro through the ceiling. Such as other outdoor zones, npcs should not require LOS for aggro. He shouldn't warp through the floor though, he should follow the ramp down.

Quote:
Ry'Gorr Messenger is walking, should be running.
Looking into this. I believe a recent change affected npcs set to run.
Quote:
Tain Hammerfrost stays standing, should fall down in the snow while emoting and lay there for a while, get up, repeat.
I see this working properly.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Tain Hammerfrost also didn't despawn when giving him "Frozen Elixir".
Old 03-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleToad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tain Hammerfrost also didn't despawn when giving him "Frozen Elixir".
Should he? He's currently set up for a 10 minute despawn once the giants spawn.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

That sounds about right too.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should he? He's currently set up for a 10 minute despawn once the giants spawn.
He should despawn into a different version of Tain, otherwise it opens up a way to skip stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He should despawn into a different version of Tain, otherwise it opens up a way to skip stuff.
Way it currently works:

Ground Tain that lies there moaning, waiting for someone to help. If you choose to help him, he depops, and respawns as the quest Tain.

Quest Tain starts the giants, and a depop timer for 10 minutes. Currently he stands there for the 10 minute interval until depop, or is killed by the giants if not helped.

Ground Tain respawns in 3 hours.

If this is wrong, will need to know specifically how it should work. I can add an instant depop for 2nd Tain upon quest completion, but the guides I read didn't mention it.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way it currently works:

Ground Tain that lies there moaning, waiting for someone to help. If you choose to help him, he depops, and respawns as the quest Tain.

Quest Tain starts the giants, and a depop timer for 10 minutes. Currently he stands there for the 10 minute interval until depop, or is killed by the giants if not helped.

Ground Tain respawns in 3 hours.

If this is wrong, will need to know specifically how it should work. I can add an instant depop for 2nd Tain upon quest completion, but the guides I read didn't mention it.
This is spot on, except he should despawn when you turn in. You can only do 1 person at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread