Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Kobold

So we can leap frog guilds clearing fear for CT right? Need zone / boss specific rules.
Fire Giant

I personally have no problem with these new rules and prefer them to the old ones. I'd put away the popcorn though, because I don't think they're really going to change all that much. We'll see.
Orc

A what-if situation:

Guild A is sitting in SolB with a 15+ raid force. Guild B starts to enter the zone, so Guild A moves into a proper camping position within aggro radius of Nagafen's spawn point to claim rights to the mob.

Time passes. At some point Guild C and Guild D enter the zone.

When Nagafen spawns, the environment looks like this:
-Guild A is in aggro range (with 15 in the Lair, and another 15 or so outside the area, around the wall).
-Guild B, Guild C and Guild D all have 15+ in Tranix's throne room, not interfering with Guild A.

So, Guild A gets aggro (rightful, clear claim), but cannot hold aggro consistently due to AFKs (the idea was to pull Naggy back to the wall as per the common tactic). Small wipe of the first 15 near the spawn. Naggy resets. The other guilds rush forward.

Are all four guilds now free to aggro him and lay claim? How can they possibly tell who engages him first when 50 people zerg the dragon immediatey after the first guild temporarily loses aggro?
Last edited by Datante; 08-14-2010 at 12:53 AM..
Old 08-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

Perhaps we're expected to play civilly with each other. That's my guess.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Kobold

So we will have less GM interference, less camping and more competition? FFA in a nutshell. I like it.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

i know everyones going to rage.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the point. If you want to "camp" CT, good luck.
Aye, these raid rules a huge upgrade on CT. And don't get me wrong, they're certainly better than the last. Props for making a needed change, you guys are definitely showing you care/listen, and deserve credit for it. But but but (yes I know)

Quote:
Ban people for standing around a spawn point?
Yes. Have rules that say they will get suspended. If it's illegal, it will stop getting done for the most part. And if not, they get suspended. Problem solved.

I mean I really don't get this, we're all anti-camping, and trying to think up ways to get rid of camping. Just. Say. No. Camping.

And then, like it has been, first w/ 15 in zone once something spawned have claim. Solves all the leapfrogging and same-time-pulling drama too. It's like a two-move checkmate. And back to tracking and racing.

And really, camping's not hard to prove (assuming people are eager for suspensions . . . . . .). SS of 10-25 people standing around in Sol B, even a /who of sol b along with SS's at efreeti, royals, bnb, window should do it, if they're f*cking super-invisible ninjas from outer space (which would be cool - and I think any changes should stipulate super-invisible ninjas from outer space are immune to suspensions).

EDIT: Not tryin to be confrontational, just to make my point.
Last edited by Noleafclover; 08-14-2010 at 04:04 AM..
Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A what-if situation:

Guild A is sitting in SolB with a 15+ raid force. Guild B starts to enter the zone, so Guild A moves into a proper camping position within aggro radius of Nagafen's spawn point to claim rights to the mob.

Time passes. At some point Guild C and Guild D enter the zone.

When Nagafen spawns, the environment looks like this:
-Guild A is in aggro range (with 15 in the Lair, and another 15 or so outside the area, around the wall).
-Guild B, Guild C and Guild D all have 15+ in Tranix's throne room, not interfering with Guild A.

So, Guild A gets aggro (rightful, clear claim), but cannot hold aggro consistently due to AFKs (the idea was to pull Naggy back to the wall as per the common tactic). Small wipe of the first 15 near the spawn. Naggy resets. The other guilds rush forward.

Are all four guilds now free to aggro him and lay claim? How can they possibly tell who engages him first when 50 people zerg the dragon immediatey after the first guild temporarily loses aggro?
As spawn windows close (<5 hours), I think this certainly will happen (I don't think we'll all be polite and sit far far away in tranix's room =p).

But I think a player-made rule of FCFS at that point, just like at any restaurant or the DMV, or a dev addition of that (though it seems they want to keep it very simple) fixes the problem.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Have rules that say they will get suspended. If it's illegal, it will stop getting done for the most part. And if not, they get suspended. Problem solved.

I mean I really don't get this, we're all anti-camping, and trying to think up ways to get rid of camping. Just. Say. No. Camping.

And then, like it has been, first w/ 15 in zone once something spawned have claim. Solves all the leapfrogging and same-time-pulling drama too. It's like a two-move checkmate. And back to tracking and racing.
Sooooo... you instead want people to camp outside the zone waiting for a mob to pop and rush to zone in to get 15 first???? If you end camping in a zone, people will just sit outside and wait for the call to zone in. It will change nothing except who gets the first SS of 15 of their guild in the zone.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evorix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sooooo... you instead want people to camp outside the zone waiting for a mob to pop and rush to zone in to get 15 first???? If you end camping in a zone, people will just sit outside and wait for the call to zone in. It will change nothing except who gets the first SS of 15 of their guild in the zone.
Your point's somewhat valid, my rules are not hugely better than the current because of it - unless you disallow camping in adjacents (not a huge hit, WI doesn't farm lava frequently, at least...) or make it first 15 to a certain distance from spawn (but that's hard to prove). But to me, even the quoted is preferred to first force back to keyboards to turn the corner. I think people may poopsock outside of the bosses, both get the texts, and try to engage at the same time (on current changes).
Closed Thread