Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Kobold

These rules will change nothing except for CT.. just where we camp said raid mob. Can't wait to see the headache that comes from the CT pop.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Kobold

It seems to me that what some people fail to understand is that everything not stated in the rules is now FFA. I know it might be hard to grasp that there can be a system where not all occurrences are regulated by GM enforced rules, or it's exact opposite where everything is FFA.

This is a compromise. All these questions and "what if" scenarios are easily answered: If it does not fall under a specific rule, then it is up to you (your guild and the competing guilds) to come to an agreement, or choose not to.

At least that's how I understand it.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:40 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems to me that what some people fail to understand is that everything not stated in the rules is now FFA. I know it might be hard to grasp that there can be a system where not all occurrences are regulated by GM enforced rules, or it's exact opposite where everything is FFA.

This is a compromise. All these questions and "what if" scenarios are easily answered: If it does not fall under a specific rule, then it is up to you (your guild and the competing guilds) to come to an agreement, or choose not to.

At least that's how I understand it.
if that's the case that's fun, but I doubt that's the case.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

3 day, 12 hour spawn variance imo. I maintain this stance.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

It seems pretty simple to me.

Doesn't matter how long you've been in the raid zone. The first guild to engage with a raid force has claim. FTE.

Doesn't address leapfrogging, though. Or come Velious will guilds find it necessary to park CoH mages all over the place?

Gonna be interesting, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Orc

Well the way I see it is pretty simple. Everyone says ... We dont like Poopsocking ... We dont like camping ... We dont like ;Insert what ever here: however the only people that are going to be able to really change it are the guilds that do it. In reality there are only a few guild doing this and while they claim not to like it or agree with it they continue to do it. If the larger guild were really against this they would stop. Rule are put in place to try and help but the only thing that is going to change this are the Guild Leaders of the guilds that are doing this.

Project 1999 just like live is a community based game. If the community feels strong enough to change something they will. If they do not then its not going to change. It does not matter what the rules are because there are always ways around them. The rules may make it more difficult to do but they canīt really prevent it.

Now if the community felt strongly enough about this they could police themselves. If the members of Dancing Dickbeaters really decided they did not want to poop sock then the resolution is simple. They tell the guild leader If we poop sock we are leaveing the guild and creating a new guild called Dicking Dancebeaters then Dancing Dickbeaters would not longer poopsock.

With this if the community felt strongly enough about it to completly shun anyone in a guild that poopsocked it will also help. Everyone says Dancing Dickbeaters is the Uber guild and they dont care if they are shunned but this is not the fact imho. People migrate to the uber guild to get the uber loot and be the best of the best of the best sir because they like being seen that way. If no one in the community will have anything to do with them. Do port them. Dont buy thier items. Dont talk to them. Dont group with them and thier alts. Dont accept them into other guilds when they leave. This also would start forcing a change. Would it prevent all the people from doing it no. Would it prevent enough people from doing it as to weaken the raid force of the offending guild yes.

The problem is that we as a community do not pressure the offenders to stop what they are doing. Guilds will cry and say We have to Poopsock because Dancing Dickbeaters are poopsockin and if we dont we wont get the uber loots. Its just a self perpetuating pile of horse shit imho.
Last edited by Falindorf; 08-14-2010 at 08:17 AM..
Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evorix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sooooo... you instead want people to camp outside the zone waiting for a mob to pop and rush to zone in to get 15 first???? If you end camping in a zone, people will just sit outside and wait for the call to zone in. It will change nothing except who gets the first SS of 15 of their guild in the zone.
The new rules state 15 people in aggro radius of the mob have claim. There's nothing in the new rules about 15 in zone. So if folks camp outside the zone and rust to zone in to get 15 first, it still means nothing. The new rules are essentially "first to engage with 15+".
Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
The new rules state 15 people in aggro radius of the mob have claim. There's nothing in the new rules about 15 in zone. So if folks camp outside the zone and rust to zone in to get 15 first, it still means nothing. The new rules are essentially "first to engage with 15+".
Right, this part is obvious. Evorix was replying to the message he quoted...

Originally Posted by Noleafclover

Quote:
Yes. Have rules that say they will get suspended. If it's illegal, it will stop getting done for the most part. And if not, they get suspended. Problem solved.

I mean I really don't get this, we're all anti-camping, and trying to think up ways to get rid of camping. Just. Say. No. Camping.

And then, like it has been, first w/ 15 in zone once something spawned have claim. Solves all the leapfrogging and same-time-pulling drama too. It's like a two-move checkmate. And back to tracking and racing.
Originally Posted by Evorix

Quote:
Sooooo... you instead want people to camp outside the zone waiting for a mob to pop and rush to zone in to get 15 first???? If you end camping in a zone, people will just sit outside and wait for the call to zone in. It will change nothing except who gets the first SS of 15 of their guild in the zone.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 AM
Kobold

Wait until a guild leap frogs you for CT while you clear trash then we will see how much you like these rules.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Yea, it's essentially an FTE system.

I have to say, it's gonna be very weird actually seeing trackers in zones now, or at least some zones. Recently, along with IB, we've been the only 2 guilds to use them in any way shape or form. Should be fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's still an incentive to afk camp, and I foresee quite a shitstorm, Nilbog. You can pretty much guarantee that any raid guild camping on top of a certain mob to maintain aggro radius will probably wipe as soon as it pops (other than perhaps inny, he shouldn't be too much of a problem). I think it will essentially become a "race for 2nd" with guilds waiting just outside of aggro range to tag it. But this doesn't solve the poopsocking for dragons, and perhaps even inny. Having the 15 in zone removes the requirement to track/mobilize and can still be easily managed in perma/solb and pohate (clearing a few mobs every 8 hours isn't all that hard). If it does become a race for 2nd I think you'll be seeing the /petitions roll in for trains and disagreements on who tagged first and who had rights. You guys will keep yourselves pretty busy in that respect.

I think if there was a limited amount of time that guilds were allowed to camp in the zone with the zone clear (minus certain mobs like the 30min corners and some roamers in hate) it would leave planes clear for guilds to come up and have their shot at trash while still allowing big guilds who track and are willing to mobilize a shot at the trash and potential targets. This rule certainly eliminates poopsocking as it is now, but it changes poopsocking to "poopsocking with first to engage" or "poopsocking with who has the most DPS." It certainly is better in the sense that anyone can sit there and if it pops anyone who tags may have a shot, but I highly doubt that any guild will want to sit in aggro range of major targets to maintain the first shot. If an addendum were added to discourage the zone-camping for a "race to 2nd" then you guys will save yourselves quite a headache and would eliminate poopsocking completely.
Closed Thread