Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Orc

i've downloaded the new file but i cant find EQ Titanium Directory! Help!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Large Bat

The group is high 20's , we are doing the sarnak fort in LoIO . The warrior is just using his taunt/beg and has good weapons . Although i'm confused on why we are operating on the assumption that it could be the warriors fault that Agro isn't working ? I get that they don't generally do well until they have proc weapons , but in this case the mob is at 50% health and is being pulled away from a caster who has been sitting since the fight started .

Also after having added an enchanter , sitting is generating more agro than mez ....
Old 02-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

this is some fine work
Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Orc

this is retarded and will be changed or population will drop.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Project Manager

I have spent some time today watching groups and sit aggro. Here are my findings:

There is little to no concern for the puller or the tank. Frequently, everyone in the group is sitting in opposite corners of the room. Before the tank has had a chance to get any aggro at all, even two hits, people are sitting again. That might have worked last patch, but not now, and certainly not in classic.

Everyone should be standing on pulls. You should have a real pulling situation. I was seeing enchanters and wizards pulling back to their group, and wondering why it took the tank too long to get aggro, while people constantly tried to sit, and the mob would ping pong from person to person.

Take a little time, realize that taunt is snap aggro and not built aggro. You need to let your tank get more aggro than what is given by temporary sit aggro.

There might be tweaks needed to the functionality, but from what I've witnessed today, a lot of people are going to learn aggro management. I expect this will make better tanks soon.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

tell your warriors to spam the sit button i guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

I am currently a level 21 warrior with a yak club in a silken whip. Agro generation before patch was not too bad, given they don't proc yet. If people sit on pulls, nothing helps at all. mob just goes straight for people who are sitting, even if they are sitting quite far away from the mob (feels like not even agro range)

The thing, nilbog told us not to sit on pulls. Good groups in classic however would pull a constant stream of mobs, for hours sometimes. This won't work if you can never sit because you're constantly pulling, eventually your cleric will run out of mana and then no more heals. Wizards were considered bad dps, because even when meditating constantly, they couldn't keep up with melee.
If wizards can no longer sit on pulls and only nuke at 50%, they're really just dead weight. Being able to sit on pulls is vital.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently a level 21 warrior with a yak club in a silken whip. Agro generation before patch was not too bad, given they don't proc yet. If people sit on pulls, nothing helps at all. mob just goes straight for people who are sitting, even if they are sitting quite far away from the mob (feels like not even agro range)

The thing, nilbog told us not to sit on pulls. Good groups in classic however would pull a constant stream of mobs, for hours sometimes. This won't work if you can never sit because you're constantly pulling, eventually your cleric will run out of mana and then no more heals. Wizards were considered bad dps, because even when meditating constantly, they couldn't keep up with melee.
If wizards can no longer sit on pulls and only nuke at 50%, they're really just dead weight. Being able to sit on pulls is vital.
i can understand having to stand up on pull, but pulling aggro just by sitting when the mob is at 50% hp and you did nothing to him is retarded

i am 100% positive things were not like that when velious came out.
Last edited by Vindor; 02-23-2014 at 04:48 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

how about when wizards are quad kiting now? Or when bards are pulling massive aoe trains? All of those mobs are going to aggro people sitting in the zone.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There might be tweaks needed to the functionality, but from what I've witnessed today, a lot of people are going to learn aggro management. I expect this will make better tanks soon.
I mean this, a lot. There might be tweaks to be made for the functionality, especially for pets, but players should respect their aggro.
Closed Thread