Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 08:57 PM
Banned

Default Are GMs actually adressing /petitions?

Is there a more effective way of adressing gms about a player training me in my camp trying to steal it?
Player Zetaz has killed me twice on sisters camp in OOT already, trying to steal the camp from me.

My character name is Manakim Devorare. If any GMs see this, i can give all the details.
Last edited by Feracitus; 02-12-2020 at 09:07 PM..
Old 02-12-2020, 09:02 PM
Sarnak

get a video recording and petition it on the forums.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get a video recording and petition it on the forums.

What would be the apropriate forum to petition with a video? is there a specific one, or just post it here?
Old 02-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feracitus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would be the apropriate forum to petition with a video? is there a specific one, or just post it here?
petition/exploit. Include any information as well. It's best to have a short clip or have annotations in the video of what we need to watch. I can't watch through a 30 or 50 minute video without knowing where the issues are.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
petition/exploit. Include any information as well. It's best to have a short clip or have annotations in the video of what we need to watch. I can't watch through a 30 or 50 minute video without knowing where the issues are.
So information from actual log files with consistent time stamping isn't enough because people could fake them - (Consider that permaban thing for such attempts).

Now its become we have to be video experts and provide timed play by play because a long recording of constant bad behavior 30+ minutes is too much.

I mean damn to sit there and make any sort of petition with any attempt at real evidence is rather time consuming which could be better spent having fun on our characters. I fully support reporting people breaking the rules because its the only way we can try to correct their behavior or have them removed from the server.

I can speak from practical experience, because I have submitted things in many forms and doing video work is just added work. There is fact of getting a recording, then if its raw data, compressing it so that it doesn't take 2 days to upload, and now you want the players to spoon feed exact time clips and play by play. I mean by no means am I going to edit a video to provide play by play commentary such that it will then be claimed to be faked. Game logs provide consistent time stamping of all the mob / player / and text; this information should be good enough to get a picture of what's going on in general.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So information from actual log files with consistent time stamping isn't enough because people could fake them - (Consider that permaban thing for such attempts).

Now its become we have to be video experts and provide timed play by play because a long recording of constant bad behavior 30+ minutes is too much.

I mean damn to sit there and make any sort of petition with any attempt at real evidence is rather time consuming which could be better spent having fun on our characters. I fully support reporting people breaking the rules because its the only way we can try to correct their behavior or have them removed from the server.

I can speak from practical experience, because I have submitted things in many forms and doing video work is just added work. There is fact of getting a recording, then if its raw data, compressing it so that it doesn't take 2 days to upload, and now you want the players to spoon feed exact time clips and play by play. I mean by no means am I going to edit a video to provide play by play commentary such that it will then be claimed to be faked. Game logs provide consistent time stamping of all the mob / player / and text; this information should be good enough to get a picture of what's going on in general.
Text can be edited so logs are useless.

Record smaller clips from the original video and you dont even need to compress it if you use OBS. Then upload to youtube.

Staff don't have time to sit there through 30 minute videos. And if you can't be bothered to record smaller clips for your petition then why should they do it.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:40 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Logs show one side. You can just wipe yourself & petition say you were trained by so-and-so. The logs would show that you stopped killing, but it wouldn't prove you were trained or if you just died due to bad luck. Just like any evidence, video evidence trumps all.

You can have OBS always recording in a buffer and just hit a keystroke to save the last 5 or 10 minutes. I'd suggest having this going just in case. It's not 2002 where FRAPS took up your entire hard drive in 15 minutes & took 95% of your CPU and GPU to run.

It literally takes one key stroke to save the last 5,10, 15 minutes (whatever you want) and 1 click to upload it to streamable. You can just say this happens at XX:XX. Not that hard. I can't be available 24/7 to deal with issues & like I said I need to see it first hand or have video evidence as proof.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:03 PM
Server GM

I get around to all of them when I am on & the player that petitioned is on. For stuff like training, the staff either needs to see it themselves or have video proof. It's best to have video proof if a staff member isn't on to help you out right away.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get around to all of them when I am on & the player that petitioned is on. For stuff like training, the staff either needs to see it themselves or have video proof. It's best to have video proof if a staff member isn't on to help you out right away.
well i dont have any recording, but cant you check logs or something? i've literally been here all day and this bozo stroll up and claim a camp that isnt his, and then use it as an excuse to train the red con on me twice.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:17 PM
Banned

Sounds like you need obs
Closed Thread