Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

Default Eye of Zomm

Does anyone remember using Eye of Zomm in classic ? Hoping atleast one other person can recall that the eye was actually used to scout things out and was mostly invisible, unless you literally zoomed over top of a mobs spawn point. I think you could even open doors with it. Definitely used to use it to see how many mobs were in a room, target specific mobs for people to /assist and pacify, find corpses, etc.

I learned tonight that it doesn’t function that way on this server and apparently doesn’t function that way on blue either ?

So there’s always the chance that I’m nuts, or aliens implanted false memories in my brain. Which is it ? How do you remember eye of zomm functioning from 20 years ago ?
Old 02-13-2020, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

There is an upgraded version of the eye that has invisibility. Perhaps that's where your memories are coming from.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:07 AM
Kobold

I think you can cast invis on it yourself as well if you don't have the higher level one. get someone in the group to the IVU on it as well and it should act like the original version did.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Wouldn't surprise me if he's actually talking about:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Kil...rlock_ability))
Old 02-14-2020, 05:38 AM
Aviak

I distinctly remember using my magician to summon Food and Water and send it to other camps by putting it on the eye and letting them kill it, from Lord in Lower Guk to Arch Mage, Frenzy etc.

I want to say in kunark era, but I have no idea if that true, might've been Luclin. If the eye is currently out of era, would be pretty big to go back to a non-KoS eye.

Look for patch notes regarding it, or how it was used from 1999 era posts =)
Old 02-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't surprise me if he's actually talking about:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Kil...rlock_ability))
Lol no
Old 02-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

At some point post-Velious, Eye of Zomm was changed to be non-aggro. This is considered by some to be a nerf because it breaks Holgresh Elder Beads for pulling. It is in this state on The Al'Kabor Project, so I suppose that change took place around Luclin.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

I think this was pre-luclin. I didn’t play heavily after luclin.
It also wasn’t necessarily that the eye was invisible at that point either. It would still get attacked but you literally had to stand right on top of the mob to get its attention. The whole point of the spell is scouting. Pretty sure that’s even in its description. Attracting aggro as a lvl 1 entity completely negates any actual use for the spell
Old 02-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

For instance I was in najena the other day. I was far enough away that I did not attract a nearby goblin camp, even sitting down to med. I pop my little eye out to see what is around the corner and as soon as my eye is summoned, the entire camp of mostly green con goblins is on top of me. That is not how I remember the eye working.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:07 AM
Kobold

I spy with my little eye, every mob in the dungeon coming at me.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Closed Thread