Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you dont like twinking join ALS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s true. It stands for Auld Lang Syne (not Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in this case lol). They have a no twink policy. But they also have a bunch of strange policy’s that I’m not entirely sure the point of, like not camping things 6 levels below you, and some others like that.

For all their restrictions, I’m not sure what the offsetting benefit is....
Old 02-17-2020, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Good thing 100% of people follow this easily circumvent-able rule!~
Old 02-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s true. It stands for Auld Lang Syne (not Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in this case lol). They have a no twink policy. But they also have a bunch of strange policy’s that I’m not entirely sure the point of, like not camping things 6 levels below you, and some others like that.

For all their restrictions, I’m not sure what the offsetting benefit is....
Its a strange setup, like you're not allowed to buy items from EC which makes sense but there is a closed economy within the guild, so in a sense....ALS fat cats (with good intentions im sure) are there to buy level appropriate items from.

I think its a little too restricted, I'd almost say they should make and remake the guild in waves to draw new people to the challenge. At this point though you can do the same thing on green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a strange setup, like you're not allowed to buy items from EC which makes sense but there is a closed economy within the guild, so in a sense....ALS fat cats (with good intentions im sure) are there to buy level appropriate items from.

I think its a little too restricted, I'd almost say they should make and remake the guild in waves to draw new people to the challenge. At this point though you can do the same thing on green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green economy already kind of ridiculous lol. Things going for similar prices to what they were on Blue
Old 02-17-2020, 11:13 PM
Large Rat

How did you even draw such a shitty conclusion.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Right now it bullshit because these cheating fuckers with VPN are already gaming the system and nothing is done about it. The non cheaters are the ones being punished and it's fucking stupid.
Bro. They've cycled in gm after gm trying to battle this shit. It's not going to stop. The enemy has unlimited resources. what do you expect?

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 02-18-2020, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro. They've cycled in gm after gm trying to battle this shit. It's not going to stop. The enemy has unlimited resources. what do you expect?
All we can do is report. I've found the staff checks these things pretty quickly and are able to do the in game tests to see if they're boxing. If the characters in question are logged off, the staff note their names to continue to check if they're online and administer the test.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:03 AM
Kobold

i wonder what the record for most concurrent boxes on p99 is.

u know some druggo neck beard tried 4 or 5 boxing at some point before he got cought
Old 02-18-2020, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Did op get banned for boxing or just a head case

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhairava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wonder what the record for most concurrent boxes on p99 is.

u know some druggo neck beard tried 4 or 5 boxing at some point before he got cought
Probably kind of hard to box more than 2 or 3. The more characters you're trying to play, the more obvious it is, I assume. Especially once you bring in melee of any kind. Like if the mob is running around whacking the casters, why isn't the melee chasing it? You can kind of tell boxers by things like this because, for example, while they're using their CC character to stand up and cast, say, root on the rogue mob, there will be a moment where the melee character just stands there doing nothing before running to the rooted mob.

If they're just playing casters with pets, it's a bit tougher to tell but still becomes more obvious the more characters they're boxing. Maybe someone has gotten away with 4 or more consistently, but I assume that they would need to be in some out of the way place in the world where not a lot of people wander by too often (ex. areas of Rathe Mountains and Lake Rathe, Runnyeye, Stonebrunt, parts of Kunark such as the Swamp of No Hope, etc.). Anyone trying to box that many characters in a populated area would be discovered pretty quickly I think.
Closed Thread