Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP just teleported behind me and half of his body is stuck in my wall.

He keeps screaming but just won't die.
Screaming "help me step brother, I'm stuck"
Old 02-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
*some people saying some negative stuff*
Some people who don't own a manastone gonna hate on some people who do. Such is P99 life.

Quote:
150k is actually a good deal on manastones right now. If i had the plat I snatch it up.
Exactly. Buy a manastone for 150k now, sell for 500k later.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
150k is actually a good deal on manastones right now. If i had the plat I snatch it up.
I didn't say it wasn't. Me and the other commenter were talking about how the Castle guy will pop into threads and say that things are "going for" essentially what he's selling them for.

For example, I've seen Manastones mostly going for 100k-150k over the past few months, including the past couple weeks. Castle comes in and starts telling everyone they're "going for 200k" because he wants to be able to sell his for 200k...so if he can make everyone think/spread the word that Manastones go for 200k, he's inflated the price for himself.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

1 thing I wonder with Manastone. So there isn’t anything fun about waiting on a list for 80-100hrs. Now EQ ordinarily just takes a ton of time to do anything, but usually leveling you’re “presumably” having fun, or hopefully, since that’s one of the main time expenditures in the game. Now since hitting an afk every 5-15 mins doesn’t actually have any fun associated with it, you have to hope that either what item you acquire or what you you sell that item for makes up for the time investment.

So let’s say you spent 80hrs at the list. If you sell a Manastone for 150k, each hour is worth roughly 1900 platinum. More time you spend, the less your time is worth (unless you sell for more). Then you have to ask yourself, is an hour of your real life worth 1900 platinum. That’s a very tough putt. Let’s say you make minimum wage - $15/hr. Would you spend $15 on 1900 platinum? Probably not. Now since most folks here are likely in their 30’s+, presumably you’re making more than minimum wage. So I’m just spitballing, but I’ll try a mean income of $50,000 a year after taxes (maybe a low estimate, but for arguments sake). Around $25/hr. So now, would you spend $25 on 1900 plat. On the green trade forum, I’ve seen someone selling a Manastone for 100k. Now that’s 1250 plat. And if you spent 100hrs camping it, that’s 1000 plat.

What’s the point of all this math? Well, I’m curious at what number you think you’re getting a viable return on your time investment. If camping a manastone was fun, then it’s an entirely different story since it’s hard to accurately gauge the price of your enjoyment. But most everyone I know that’s listed has said it’s a fairly miserable experience. With that said, so you think it’s a wise investment of time to camp a Manastone? Just out of sheer curiosity.

TLDR: is camping a manastone a wise time investment/money ratio?
Old 02-18-2020, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say it wasn't. Me and the other commenter were talking about how the Castle guy will pop into threads and say that things are "going for" essentially what he's selling them for.

For example, I've seen Manastones mostly going for 100k-150k over the past few months, including the past couple weeks. Castle comes in and starts telling everyone they're "going for 200k" because he wants to be able to sell his for 200k...so if he can make everyone think/spread the word that Manastones go for 200k, he's inflated the price for himself.
I can say I’ve seen at least 3-4 in the last few weeks selling for exactly $100k. I’ve never seen anyone spend over 125k, so I’d say you’re right on that someone is trying to artificially inflate the prices.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can say I’ve seen at least 3-4 in the last few weeks selling for exactly $100k. I’ve never seen anyone spend over 125k, so I’d say you’re right on that someone is trying to artificially inflate the prices.
yeah it's also kinda funny, because that same person posted an auction a couple days ago at 150k, so they clearly know what the top end of the market actually is and are now just trying to BS to inflate it
Old 02-18-2020, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

I never said Manastones are selling for 200k. I said they are easily worth 200k and are being auctioned at 200k. Cmon now. Don't got twisting words so you can RnF on em.

I'm going to start a thread on the topic of hours to attain vs value. SBF, makes a good point.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

See post here on The Manastone Calculation: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=350652
Old 02-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Banned

Anyone who has 200k on a one month old server will probably camp his own manastone
Closed Thread