Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Default Click "CHAT" if you are having issues logging in

Click "CHAT" if you are having issues logging in
Old 02-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these "workarounds" are just red herrings. You will sometimes get lucky and get a server list or get in.

We're now getting a list of invalid server entries -- looks like a bunch of IP addresses mixed with a dyndns hostname. I suspect an improper config.
Bingo. That is exactly what I'm thinking.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Been sitting in chat for 3 hours no ones showed up. Is this working as intended?
Old 02-12-2020, 04:45 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I may have found the problem and a solution, Windows defender updated at 5:13pm pst. I went into defender and added an exclusion for the Sony folder where EQ is held and rebooted. Mine is now working. Its under Defender >>> Virus Threat protection settings >> manage settings >>> exclusions. This is where you want to add your install folder to the exception. Reboot and give it a shot
sadly this didnt work for me, all my problems are back.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:54 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone confirm if it's fixed?
Not fixed for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2020, 04:56 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a working Fix for now. Rogean is aware of the issue and will fix it when he gets some free time.
sadly this doesnt work for me because it just a blank sever list. all i get is a time out error
Old 02-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same, tried all of the tricks in here to no avail. Comcast, East Coast.
So I was also having this issue on Comcast on the westcoast, However I found a fix that worked flawlessly for me.

I just connected to my personal VPN and it worked.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:26 AM
Kobold

I can't explain this but I just started having this happen yesterday. I use Spectrum for internet, at my house I have never had a problem and was logged in yesterday before going over to my friends. Got to my friends and tried logging in and kept getting a blank server screen over and over and over again. The few times it'd finally populate usually led to getting a repatch error when trying to login. The weird thing is my friend also has spectrum for internet. This morning I decided to try logging in through my mobile hotspot and it resolved the issue.

I can't explain why I can login at my house but not my friends when we have the same internet provider...
Old 02-13-2020, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I was also having this issue on Comcast on the westcoast, However I found a fix that worked flawlessly for me.

I just connected to my personal VPN and it worked.
Also Comcast down south, vpn fixes or tether, main internet without doesn't work.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also Comcast down south, vpn fixes or tether, main internet without doesn't work.
So is it a internet provider issue with some sort of firewall they have blocking the game or is it a p99 file issue?