Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cornell is the only ivy that was founded non secretarian, and actually was and means it.

You really have no idea what it is like to live in a super liberal household do you. THERE WILL BE NO JESUS/GOD IN MY SCHOOLIN. NONE.
I’d argue that’s probably better than growing up in a super conservative household...

What do you mean unbiased sex ed? Mine was pretty unbiased I’d say. I meant horrible more as in the extreme cringe at having one’s Mom explain the many different forms of sex.

I’ve always been fascinated by home school. Are there socials where you meet with other kids getting homeschooled? Was it your entire schooling education (K-12)? Teachers usually specialize in one or two subjects; fairly rare for one teacher to have expertise in everything from calculus, world history, biology, chemistry, physics, literature etc. I could see it feasible maybe through middle school, but high school, especially with AP/Dual-Enrollment, extracurriculars for college entrance etc. it’d be too hard to replicate. Also the social experience. Though obviously people do it I guess, just curious how.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Different forms of sex? Wtelf?
Old 02-18-2020, 10:11 AM
Banned

Sounds like you had a very interesting sex education with your PE teacher, what forms of sex did he teach you? lol. gross.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it your entire schooling education (K-12)? Teachers usually specialize in one or two subjects; fairly rare for one teacher to have expertise in everything from calculus, world history, biology, chemistry, physics, literature etc. I could see it feasible maybe through middle school, but high school, especially with AP/Dual-Enrollment, extracurriculars for college entrance etc. it’d be too hard to replicate.
See I don't understand this logic train. Because I think intellectual aptitude covers all topics. I consider myself a smart person. And I think that I could teach my child, if I had one, better than a school would that has 1 teacher for every 10 students that they have to spread their focus on and don't have a natural instinct to care about. They might have their own desire to make them learn and grow, but you can't match a parents care for wanting their child to be the best they can be. No one will put more effort in than a concerned parent.

I think if you're smart enough to understand calculus and be able to explain it to someone, then you can also understand chemistry and be able to explain it to someone. I think if you're basically smart enough to learn anything you try to, then there's nothing you can't master and teach and give to others in learning. I think in terms of homeschooling if you are smart and you're a 1:1 educator to student then that student is going to have the best education they could possibly get. But I think they'll obviously miss out on developing socially normally without other things put into place to make sure they socialize.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:29 AM
Banned

We said the pledge of allegiance and a prayer every morning K-12. Like a buncha nazis.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Nasa infused curriculum, not suspicious at all
Old 02-18-2020, 10:34 AM
Banned

I'm not camping the guise on my rogue until the legacy one is gone.

You can't hate Good Guy Nirgon.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not camping the guise on my rogue until the legacy one is gone.

You can't hate Good Guy Nirgon.
*arsenio hall whoops*
Old 02-18-2020, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you had a very interesting sex education with your PE teacher, what forms of sex did he teach you? lol. gross.
Just the normal ones. Regular, oral, anal, bestiality, necrophilia, furrie, etc.

Sethius: True, if a person has the aptitude for it then perhaps they can effectively teach the variety of subjects. But there is a shitload of nuance to a lot of those subjects. I’ve yet to meet a well-balanced individual that was homeschooled (granted, this is anecdotal).

I also went to private school K—12 and had to do daily prayers. Like the majority of religious groups, they constantly rail about the dangers of sex and unplanned pregnancies, are categorically against abortion, yet they condemn the use of contraceptives.....stupidest shit in the world.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nasa infused curriculum, not suspicious at all
What do you mean “NASA infused”? The fact that schools teach about space and astronomy??
Closed Thread