Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:23 PM
Emmin Emmin is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 219
Default

This pathing bug was definitely confirmed as an exploit by the GMs about a year ago. I remember Yeeet getting suspended over it after not being aware of the GMs stance on the exploit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been curious for a few months now to know which was the PH. How was it figured out?
It was likely discovered after a server reset or earthquake. He has a 1 in 6 chance of spawning and a 1 in 3 chance of having the belt. Get to searching!
  #42  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Pringles Pringles is offline
Planar Protector

Pringles's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Retired player, Norrath
Posts: 1,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was likely discovered after a server reset or earthquake. He has a 1 in 6 chance of spawning and a 1 in 3 chance of having the belt. Get to searching!
He started off with what seemed a 33% chance which garnered a lot of belts. Sadly it seemed he got made rarer during our farming run which sucked :P
  #43  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Teppler Teppler is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This pathing bug was definitely confirmed as an exploit by the GMs about a year ago. I remember Yeeet getting suspended over it after not being aware of the GMs stance on the exploit.



It was likely discovered after a server reset or earthquake. He has a 1 in 6 chance of spawning and a 1 in 3 chance of having the belt. Get to searching!
When there's an earthquake do regular mobs always spawn their rare counterparts? I've noticed it's not only raid mobs that spawn during quakes. A mob that I camp on a long timer also usually pops during quakes. I believe Lodi pops during all quakes. So there were quakes and they would notice one spot had a fellspine? Was it every time he would spawn to fellspine on quakes? Was it a case of every seahorse could become a fellspine but one had a much higher %? This camp and how people figured it out kind of fascinates me.
  #44  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:40 PM
DoucLangur DoucLangur is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 553
Default

this got me curious - is this something particular to an exploit with Fellspine, or is this GM attitude general to crit resist on calm being used for pulls? I did it on my cleric ALL the time. I mean... it is kind of the way the spell is designed? You calm a bunch of mobs, and if you get an early crit resist, you got incoming, but if you don't, you eventually have a bunch of calmed mobs ready for single pulls...
  #45  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Vasarious Vasarious is offline
Orc


Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn-CxyM3bEA

It's totally cool to do it in VP pulls though!... But banned in ToV, for consistency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this got me curious - is this something particular to an exploit with Fellspine, or is this GM attitude general to crit resist on calm being used for pulls? I did it on my cleric ALL the time. I mean... it is kind of the way the spell is designed? You calm a bunch of mobs, and if you get an early crit resist, you got incoming, but if you don't, you eventually have a bunch of calmed mobs ready for single pulls...

to reiterate, it isn't the lull resist that is the issue. it is specifically a pathing exploit. if you do this pull properly, fellspine basically warps through a wall instead of pathing in a normal way. lull is used because it does not require line of sight. you agro him from an open pool of water while he is in a tunnel that is supposed to be dangerous to get to with tons of angry mobs between the 2 spots.
  #46  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:43 AM
DoucLangur DoucLangur is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 553
Default

@Vasarious: Thank you very much, that helps to understand the issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  #47  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:20 AM
aaezil aaezil is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,595
Default

Lots of bad/mad nerds in here!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx View Post
I tried my hand at rotating with the casuals.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
  #48  
Old 01-26-2019, 08:20 AM
commongood commongood is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 572
Default

General question about using crit resist on lull as a strategy elsewhere in game:

If a mob is surrounded by kos mobs but the mob in question is not aligned with them, is it permitted to run into an adjacent room and cast lull till crit resist and wait for the mob to come single?
  #49  
Old 01-26-2019, 08:27 AM
kjs86z kjs86z is offline
Fire Giant

kjs86z's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
General question about using crit resist on lull as a strategy elsewhere in game:

If a mob is surrounded by kos mobs but the mob in question is not aligned with them, is it permitted to run into an adjacent room and cast lull till crit resist and wait for the mob to come single?
Pretty sure I did this to do https://wiki.project1999.com/Reinfor...arean_Regiment

Sorry not sorry
__________________
Toxigen - 60 Enchanter <Riot>
  #50  
Old 01-26-2019, 10:36 AM
Irulan Irulan is offline
Banned


Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,084
Default

GM time terminator cops are a legit vlassic EQ rare spawn
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.