Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youre thinking of this? P99 Duo Chart
https://vivid-inferno-1662.firebaseapp.com
This is great! I wish we could get it into the wiki, but the wiki sort of sucks at saving crowd data (even the checklists I added to the wiki only actually live on each user's computer, because the wiki lacks any kind of "database API").

But if whoever made it was willing to keep hosting the data-saving (ie. Firebase) part on their server, we could totally add the rest of it (the part players see and use to rank duos) to the wiki. If whoever made it is interested please PM me and I can explain the details (short version: I'll have to add the Javascript for you, since only wiki admins can do that, but otherwise we should be able to make it happen).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

As Enchanter my favorite duo partners are

Druid
Necromancer
Cleric
Bard
Ranger
Old 05-04-2019, 10:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youre thinking of this? P99 Duo Chart
https://vivid-inferno-1662.firebaseapp.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89B36BB1-1584-4DA3-B5E9-458B10B3C7A3.jpg (24.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-05-2019, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is great! I wish we could get it into the wiki, but the wiki sort of sucks at saving crowd data (even the checklists I added to the wiki only actually live on each user's computer, because the wiki lacks any kind of "database API").

But if whoever made it was willing to keep hosting the data-saving (ie. Firebase) part on their server, we could totally add the rest of it (the part players see and use to rank duos) to the wiki. If whoever made it is interested please PM me and I can explain the details (short version: I'll have to add the Javascript for you, since only wiki admins can do that, but otherwise we should be able to make it happen).
Yeah dont remember who made it but he posted it here on the forums a long time ago, could try searching and send a pm. Thanks for all the good work on the wiki Loramin
Old 05-05-2019, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah dont remember who made it but he posted it here on the forums a long time ago, could try searching and send a pm. Thanks for all the good work on the wiki Loramin
NP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same with Shaman and almost anything.

Top most powerful duo is probably Enchanter + Cleric. Monk + Shaman might be second.

Both those pairings have slow and healing along with some very solid DPS (in the former it comes from Enchanter pet, in the latter from the Shaman-buffed Monk), and you want as much of those three things as possible in your duo.
How would you rate the two counterparts together: Enchanter+Shaman?
Old 05-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Enc Shm is arguably just as good as Enc Clr. You lose CH and stuns but gain malo, better slows, additional dps, and much better mana regen. At 60 your have torpor.

If you need to you can memblur your pet after fights to heal to full almost as quickly as CH. My main complaint playing an enc in a enc+clr combo was the workload rested squarely on the enc’s shoulders. The cleric had to stay awake for stuns but otherwise they didn’t do much other than occasionally stand and toss a heal out.

Enc+shm evens out that workload better in my opinion without sacrificing much if anything.
Last edited by Duckwalk; 05-05-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Old 05-05-2019, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

The biggest "problem" with ENC/SHM is that the Shaman doesn't increase the Enchanter's survivability much due to lack of +HP buffs and stuns -unless- the Shaman can torpor tank the NPC in question, in which case the Enchanter is much happier on charm breaks (of course at that point any other class world work). Druid is by far the weakest of the three priests unless there are charmable animals though. You could make an argument that ENC/PAL is better than ENC/DRU unless snare is useful.

But personally I prefer trios, which is clearly the way the game was designed to be played. You can basically pick 1) any melee class 2) any priest class 3) any wizard class and things are just about guaranteed to work out as long as long as a) you have one of BRD/ENC/SHM and b) you don't pick Wizard. The server is just too mature for full groups (on Green they will be more needed) but trios give the right level of challenge and social interaction IMO.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:41 AM
Kobold

Necro/Necro - Both can heal, FD, Rez, Mez, CC, have the highest mana regen in the game, and do insane dps, and can also double pet or even double charm. There are more powerful duo's, but this is an extremely versitle and unique duo, with near limitless potential.

One of my favorite parts about dual Necro duo's is they get free unlimited heals. If both necro's cast Shadowbond on each other (Heal over time spell) The spells cancel each other out on the health cost, and the 10 mana cost is negated by Lich, so both get free heals from it.
Last edited by Arcticflava; 05-06-2019 at 01:44 AM..
Old 05-06-2019, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think the necro heals work like that anymore. They used to only drain about 2/3 of the hit points they healed. Now I think it's 3/3.
Closed Thread