Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdc1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get scorched from mid 90's temp? Have you ever had to work outside in anything above 80 degrees? You get burnt to a fucking crisp. Add 70%+ humidity and you start to see people dying if they aren't constantly hydrating themselves. It's brutal. It was in the high 80's on Christmas Day. I plan on moving ASAP.
One particularly hot summer I was drinking about 2 gallons of water a day at work and still managed to get heat exhaustion a handful of times. would not recommend.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Banned

ppl who complain about 90s temps even at 100% humidity are fucking cowards. You haven't lived harsh until your plastic rear view mirror literally liquifies from the heat of the sun and drips onto your dash. Harden up *****.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

No matter what the ""Dr."" (nod wink) says, I'd much rather be in 115 degree dry heat than in "90s temps even at 100% humidity" due to the inability to sweat which is a major health risk, yet very uncomfortable. You see, in dry heat, you can push yourself much further and then before you know it you're very sick. In humidity, it's so uncomfortable, you stop long before you pass out.

I may not be a "Dr." but I am an industry certified first-aid provider due to severe occupational hazards, and heat or cold is not really a funny matter, indeed. Certainly, take precautions no matter the situation, as situations can quickly turn for the worse.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In humidity, it's so uncomfortable, you stop long before you pass out.
Maybe if you're a wee little pussbox you do. you've never passed out from heat exhaustion in humidity?

Pretty crazy standing there and then realizing youre on the ground with water being splashed on you.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if you're a wee little pussbox you do. you've never passed out from heat exhaustion in humidity?

Pretty crazy standing there and then realizing youre on the ground with water being splashed on you.
Less likely to, yes, because you feel it before that point, it's miserable. I've been out hiking in 115 dry heat, number of times, it's bearable, actually kinda nice, until it's too late (if you don't hydrate enough).
Old 01-16-2016, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Less likely to, yes, because you feel it before that point, it's miserable. I've been out hiking in 115 dry heat, number of times, it's bearable, actually kinda nice, until it's too late (if you don't hydrate enough).
watching this basement dweller preach his expertise on dry heat because he went hiking in it 3 times is making me cringe HARD

heatstroke is indeed crazy Pagan. Thought I was pretty much immune until my bike got chased up a hill by Harrison's mom's pit bull in 110 degree 90% humidity once. Probably would have been fine but I was juicing just a lil on performance enhancing stimulants. Still not 100% on whether the buzzard looking condors that took off right from where i collapsed were real or not.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
No matter what the ""Dr."" (nod wink) says, I'd much rather be in 115 degree dry heat than in "90s temps even at 100% humidity" due to the inability to sweat which is a major health risk, yet very uncomfortable. You see, in dry heat, you can push yourself much further and then before you know it you're very sick. In humidity, it's so uncomfortable, you stop long before you pass out.

I may not be a "Dr." but I am an industry certified first-aid provider due to severe occupational hazards, and heat or cold is not really a funny matter, indeed. Certainly, take precautions no matter the situation, as situations can quickly turn for the worse.
wait a minute, is this industry certified first aid provider implying i'm a "doctor" because of teh James Joyce, B.S. signature? or did I miss something?
Old 01-16-2016, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Joyce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
watching this basement dweller preach his expertise on dry heat because he went hiking in it 3 times is making me cringe HARD
3 times? I live in it. A few times hotter though, but mostly strolling through palm springs at 120+. The yearly hottest it gets right here was 117, but I usually pack it in over 115. Cringe HARD? most just call it an erection, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:22 AM
Kobold

Hello!!!

based on my avatar pic, would you say that I am probably a complete scumbag IRL
Old 01-16-2016, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Joyce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait a minute, is this industry certified first aid provider implying i'm a "doctor" because of teh James Joyce, B.S. signature? or did I miss something?
Oh nah was thinking of someone else actually, though yes thought that was your shtick due to the name confusion there. Not that the two of you couldn't be the same person with a different posting account haha. Oh yeah, first-aid thing, 40 hour course we even need to do this obstacle course in hazmat suits with breathers... and they turned them off half way through before you drug someone (crash test dummy) the rest of the way then do cpr on it lol. hehe that's the the easy stuff. All pretty much dealing with hostile environments, heat, cold and poison gas, explosive materials, confined areas etc.