Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 08:05 PM
Large Rat

Default Is the raid scene really that bad?

special rules everywhere
can only use certain movement spells to get "first to engage"
gm rotations

i left awhile ago (years) because i met maybe 2-3 gms and all were pretty corrupt
(pretty sure one got fired for training, the other im not sure, but clear favoritism bc of a guild tag. Unless it was fair that someone can come into your camp you been at for hours, train you, and then they get camp when gm gets there bc....not sure)

is the raid scene really this bad? for a server striving for a "competitive" feel, it seems you took all the competition out of it and it turns into who can run faster with sow to engage it first and if stuff goes wrong it turns into who the gm likes more?

dont mean to rant, and not trying to flame, as far as i can tell it seems everything ive said so far has at very least 1 forum speaking on it...

guess my question is, what gives? why such the coddling of the raid scene? what happened to competition?

was thinking about green, but between the population being bananas, camps on perma sock, and a coddled raid scene make it seem so less appealing

to each his own, but imo, this takes the very spirit out of the game, esp in terms of competition
Old 05-30-2019, 11:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
special rules everywhere
can only use certain movement spells to get "first to engage"
gm rotations

i left awhile ago (years)
this is where i clicked my back button.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:59 PM
Kobold

the raid scene isnt really bad, no, but its fun to pretend it is

im not sure what you think would be more competitive than FTE races. DPS races?
Old 05-31-2019, 12:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i left awhile ago (years) because i met maybe 2-3 gms and all were pretty corrupt(pretty sure one got fired for training, the other im not sure, but clear favoritism bc of a guild tag.
And now you're banned for bashing the staff. R.I.P. in peace.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:38 AM
Sarnak

This post pretty much does sum up a lot of the reasons p99 raid scene still deserves its toxic reputation.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-31-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

If there were no variance and no FTE rules we’ll quickly see most content devolve into 100-200 folks literally sitting on top of spawn point for which they know precisely when it will spawn ... followed by the inevitable squabbles about who did what first, who was right and who was in the wrong.

The rules may seem silly but they are a direct result of the behavior of our population and were kind of a necessity.

The raid scene is only as toxic as we push it to be.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Started raiding about 4 months ago. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be from the forums.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there were no variance and no FTE rules we’ll quickly see most content devolve into 100-200 folks literally sitting on top of spawn point for which they know precisely when it will spawn ... followed by the inevitable squabbles about who did what first, who was right and who was in the wrong.

The rules may seem silly but they are a direct result of the behavior of our population and were kind of a necessity.

The raid scene is only as toxic as we push it to be.
I want to sit on top of spawn, but only metaphorically.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

What does competition look like to you? Because all that happened before these rules were 200-300 people sitting/logged out on spawn points killing mobs immediately when they spawned by spamming ivandyr’s hoops on them.

The real issue is EQ raiding is just not very good and was never meant to sustain 8-10 top end guilds.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Almost certain OP hasn’t raided its prolly Sirken
Proud Iksar of Cazic-Thule
That's not my train bro!!!
Closed Thread