Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2019, 01:36 PM
Verityn Verityn is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Crow’s Pub & Casino
Posts: 136
Default Agnostic Human Rogue factions

I've been doing a lot of web searching and I just haven't found much info on what to expect as an agnostic human rogue starting in Qeynos. In theory this race/class/deity combo seems really neutral, but I could understand some factions just never wanting anything to do with a rogue. I'm mostly curious to know if any town guards/merchants are KOS to me and If there are any surprises like a random KOS npc in Freeport.

On blue I'm only level 2 so I'm just running around Qeynos and everyone including the paladins just seem apprehensive to me which makes sense. I plan to see if the necro guild is KOS to me too tonight. I read some random forum post about Halas guards being KOS to non-barbarian rogues and I'm not sure if that's true. I don't expect to be allowed to go into Grobb or Oggok, but maybe I'm okay in Neriak commons?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2019, 02:17 PM
Gustoo Gustoo is offline
Planar Protector

Gustoo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The side of Bristlebane
Posts: 1,959
Default

You won't be KOS to anyone as an agnostic human rogue.

Rogue faction isn't particularly bad in any particular place. Racial faction way more significant.

The agnostic aspect will mean that when you wear a DE mask you won't be hated by evils. Evils will hate you if you worship a good God (illusion doesn't cover your diety alliance) so you definitely need to be agnostic as a rogue or enchanter.
__________________
Discord Server
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Lost but not forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big league chew View Post
i just turn off sigs in user cp like a pro
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2019, 03:09 PM
Verityn Verityn is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Crow’s Pub & Casino
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't be KOS to anyone as an agnostic human rogue.

Rogue faction isn't particularly bad in any particular place. Racial faction way more significant.

The agnostic aspect will mean that when you wear a DE mask you won't be hated by evils. Evils will hate you if you worship a good God (illusion doesn't cover your diety alliance) so you definitely need to be agnostic as a rogue or enchanter.
Thanks for the reassurance. At the very least it seems like I might con threateningly to the halas guards, but even with that I can still turn in the gnoll fangs there to bring it up to dubious. I'm hoping for something similar with Neriak Commons. I just think it would so cool to go there as a human and not just with a DE mask.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2019, 03:32 PM
Gustoo Gustoo is offline
Planar Protector

Gustoo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The side of Bristlebane
Posts: 1,959
Default

Halas guard 99.99 percent just fine.

The rogue factions you will be aligned with wont hurt them a lot. If a rogue was KOS he wouldn't be a very good rogue would he?
__________________
Discord Server
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Lost but not forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big league chew View Post
i just turn off sigs in user cp like a pro
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Verityn Verityn is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Crow’s Pub & Casino
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halas guard 99.99 percent just fine.

The rogue factions you will be aligned with wont hurt them a lot. If a rogue was KOS he wouldn't be a very good rogue would he?
Part of me was hoping that none of the dervish cutthroats or karana bandits were kos to me because I'm their bro.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2019, 05:04 PM
Gustoo Gustoo is offline
Planar Protector

Gustoo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The side of Bristlebane
Posts: 1,959
Default

Bandits may or may not be KOS to you I am not that good at faction knowledge.

For most important stuff in game, your race is number 1 most important.

For illusions your religion comes through and evil races are fully at war with (not tolerant of) goodie religions.

Good guys usually won't KOS you for being a bad religion. My first character in everquest in 1999 was a wood elf warrior. I worshipped rallos zek the god of war (duh, right?) and I had max wisdom because I knew that the most important part of a truly great warrior is that he is wise. I was dubious to wood elfs in my home town and KOS to dwarfs. I snuck onto the boat and went to the tolerant peoples of misty thicket to begin my adventure.
__________________
Discord Server
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Lost but not forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big league chew View Post
i just turn off sigs in user cp like a pro
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Keebz Keebz is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 61
Default

On a more general level, is there solid info on which religions are 'good' vs 'evil' vs 'neutral'? Or is that an oversimplification of a more nuanced faction web? I'm personally curious what Prexus qualifies as... but I digress.

It'd be cool to be able to type in a class, race, deity combo and see what faction doors open/close.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-26-2019, 09:42 PM
DMN DMN is offline
Planar Protector

DMN's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 1,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a more general level, is there solid info on which religions are 'good' vs 'evil' vs 'neutral'? Or is that an oversimplification of a more nuanced faction web? I'm personally curious what Prexus qualifies as... but I digress.

It'd be cool to be able to type in a class, race, deity combo and see what faction doors open/close.
It's not so much there are neutral deities, just some that not many people dislike very strongly. I think brell and bristle are the closest things to being neutral, maybe sol ro too? Generally it's the religious folks you have to watch out for, the shamans, clerics, SKs, necros, paladins, druids. The non religious types tend not be terribly impacted by your religion choices.

It's probably something like 70% of the time you are KOS it was purely your race that did it, 20% of the time your god pushed them over the line into KOS territory, and assuming you survived the race and deity check the remaining 10% was your class.

A more important question(s) is really what factions are worth raising in the first place?
Secondarily, which factions are impossible or extremely hard to raise if you already start out KOS to them. Like in neriak I recall it's nearly impossible to raise faction with the king or queen without upsetting the other. So if you started out KOS to one of those it's going to be pretty tough if not impossible to get out of that faction hole.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Keebz Keebz is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 61
Default

Found this faction dump from live on the EQ classic forums. Might help answer some of our questions wrt class/race faction, assuming p99 is pretty close.

https://pastebin.com/raw/EXkdMT1W

Pretty fun reading. I also read there's some quirks like Prexus worshippers aren't KOS to sharks and ocean creatures and Brell worshippers aren't KOS to earth elementals. It's especially interesting given, we all have the chance to be DE's soon!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2019, 08:58 PM
DMN DMN is offline
Planar Protector

DMN's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 1,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found this faction dump from live on the EQ classic forums. Might help answer some of our questions wrt class/race faction, assuming p99 is pretty close.

https://pastebin.com/raw/EXkdMT1W

Pretty fun reading. I also read there's some quirks like Prexus worshippers aren't KOS to sharks and ocean creatures and Brell worshippers aren't KOS to earth elementals. It's especially interesting given, we all have the chance to be DE's soon!
Well, you certainly gave the OP what they wanted. Heh. Now if they want to take the time to pore over it? heh. Also that might not be 100% accurate. I can see right away the dark ones faction is different. ogre shaman start out KoS to grobb shaman guild, but according to that they should only be dubious.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.