Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,079
Default So Glad I Don't Play Blizzard Games Anymore

https://www.cnet.com/news/blizzard-r...kong-protests/

TLDR;
Some guy said one sentence about Hong Kong after winning a Hearthstone tournament, and they DQed him and banned him for a year. They also took away his prize money, but didn't give it to the second place finisher, and they banned two streamers, who had no idea the guy was even going to say anything.

Fucking traitor commie company will do anything China wants: no American values or spine.

P.S. The first website I ever created, back in like '97 or '98, was a Warcraft 2 fan site. I used to LOVE that company, and I'm both angry and sad at how far they've fallen.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.
Last edited by loramin; 10-08-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Deathrydar Deathrydar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,584
Default

Activision pretty much ruined Blizzard when they bought them. They dropped the ball so badly with classic WoW, I am not sure I will ever be able to trust them again.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Wonkie Wonkie is offline
Planar Protector

Wonkie's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,944
Default

they're just being patriotic OP. USA government is looking the other way on Hong kong. ��
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Chortles Snort|eS Chortles Snort|eS is offline
Fire Giant

Chortles Snort|eS's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: GuK
Posts: 744
Default

the blizzard we grew up with died a long time ago
was really annoyed when skeletons graphics were removed from LoL, DoTA 2
thanks a lot China
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:00 PM
DMN DMN is offline
Planar Protector

DMN's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 1,592
Default

No surprise here.

In diablo 2 there were a bunch of Asian hackers who were abusing all sorts of hacks on BNET and doing things like "popping corpses" after auto flagging people for pvp. in EQ it would be comparable to instantly flagging you for a duel, instantly killing you with a hack, and then the hacker being able to loot ALL of your items.

They lied nonstop in the forums that people were mistaken and there was no hacking going on. Once I posted absolute proof that showed an entire encounter of these hackers using these very hacks. Net result? I get suspended and post deleted within minutes.

Then you had WOW, where for the longest time they let Chinese farmers completely destroy server economies. These weren't just bot farmers either but people using blatant hacking. I caught tons of them hacking all over as I would watch them hidden on my rogue, and reported them for months and even recorded their behaviors and never did it seem they ever got banned. They just went on hacking/botting. I had even posted videos and such with links so people could see the things they were doing.

But they eventually banned me because I killed some raid mobs with my guild before "we were supposed to". (molten core). No hacks , no cheats. We just pulled and killed them. Oh, and guess what, I was the only one in the guild banned for it. Hah. And I knew exactly why.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:09 PM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No surprise here.

In diablo 2 there were a bunch of Asian hackers who were abusing all sorts of hacks on BNET and doing things like "popping corpses" after auto flagging people for pvp. in EQ it would be comparable to instantly flagging you for a duel, instantly killing you with a hack, and then the hacker being able to loot ALL of your items.

They lied nonstop in the forums that people were mistaken and there was no hacking going on. Once I posted absolute proof that showed an entire encounter of these hackers using these very hacks. Net result? I get suspended and post deleted within minutes.

Then you had WOW, where for the longest time they let Chinese farmers completely destroy server economies. These weren't just bot farmers either but people using blatant hacking. I caught tons of them hacking all over as I would watch them hidden on my rogue, and reported them for months and even recorded their behaviors and never did it seem they ever got banned. They just went on hacking/botting. I had even posted videos and such with links so people could see the things they were doing.

But they eventually banned me because I killed some raid mobs with my guild before "we were supposed to". (molten core). No hacks , no cheats. We just pulled and killed them. Oh, and guess what, I was the only one in the guild banned for it. Hah. And I knew exactly why.
Damn! I knew about WoW gold farmers and Diablo cheats (I feel like almost everyone who played those games did), but I always assumed they were trying to do something about them and just were ineffectual.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Deathrydar Deathrydar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn! I knew about WoW gold farmers and Diablo cheats (I feel like almost everyone who played those games did), but I always assumed they were trying to do something about them and just were ineffectual.
I think that is what Blizzard wanted you to believe...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Zeboim Zeboim is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 266
Default

Capitalism chases the dollar. China is a money well of incredible proportions, probably with the most potential in the world.

This shouldn't surprise you. China is using the greed inherent in our entire system and culture to its advantage. It's a feature, not a bug.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:39 PM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Capitalism chases the dollar. China is a money well of incredible proportions, probably with the most potential in the world.

This shouldn't surprise you. China is using the greed inherent in our entire system and culture to its advantage. It's a feature, not a bug.
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Wonkie Wonkie is offline
Planar Protector

Wonkie's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.
The business of America is business
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.