Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:02 AM
daemaas daemaas is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Thumbs down Luclin Models Are disabled

Now before you get up and arms about luclin models I would like to provide some backstory for myself.

My childhood was filled with amazing memories of a game called EQOA, it was very similar to this game. That game is long gone and the effort to emulate it is not going anywhere. P99 bec ame my new home. I considered myself an EQOA refugee.

You all made me feel like I was at home, the classes and spells and zones all brought me to my forgotten home that I miss dearly. I am sure this is how you all feel about the clasisc errra of EQ. You hold it dearly.

But I just do not understand how me using newer models to make me feel more like I am back playing EQOA can be negative for other people.

I am quitting p1999 today after more than a year of playing and bringing multiple friends/family to the server. You were all amazing and thank you for the community. But if I have to look at the terrible classic eq pixels after playing with luclin models for over a year I will puke. (NO offense just opinion). I have no nostalgia from Classic EQ, because I never played.

Feel free to scream and rabble about "not classic" now.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:05 AM
Deathrydar Deathrydar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,584
Default

No offense, but if you are going to quit due to the models, I am not sure you ever wanted to be here.

You're quitting a game you claim you like? Because of the graphics? Because of the character models?

smh
Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:06 AM
daemaas daemaas is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Yes because it is ruining my immersion. And thanks for your crappy/lazy response.

I do not play to have models dictated. That is silly. If the devs have a legitimate reason they need to be disabled (causing bugs/disadvantage to other players) please let me know. I just think it is silly to disable something that affects no one but the person using it.
Last edited by daemaas; 10-17-2019 at 09:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:08 AM
Deathrydar Deathrydar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because it is ruining my immersion. And thanks for your crappy/lazy response. Just another reason to leave.
You're welcome.

Weird. I didn't think you would thank me for for my response.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:09 AM
daemaas daemaas is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're welcome.

Weird. I didn't think you would thank me for for my response.
If you have something to offer the conversation feel free to say it, otherwise f*** off troll.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Deathrydar Deathrydar is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have something to offer the conversation feel free to say it, otherwise f*** off troll.
Wow....jeez. It's a game.

Okay, I will add something then. Whether you feel it is worth enough or not is up to your perception of the statement.

The clear vision of this project is to recreate the classic EverQuest experience as it was between 1999 and 2002. The Luclin models were never even supposed to be part of that.

Why would you get mad and threaten to quit when the developers give you just that?

I am being so bold because, if something that was not supposed to be part of the project was in the game, and that was the only reason why you were playing the game, then you should be questioning your motives and not anyone else's!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:19 AM
daemaas daemaas is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow....jeez. It's a game.

Okay, I will add something then. Whether you feel it is worth enough or not is up to your perception of the statement.

The clear vision of this project is to recreate the classic EverQuest experience as it was between 1999 and 2002. The Luclin models were never even supposed to be part of that.

Why would you get mad and threaten to quit when the developers give you just that?

I am being so bold because, if something that was not supposed to be part of the project was in the game, and that was the only reason why you were playing the game, then you should be questioning your motives and not anyone else's!

You failed to read my original post because you were so quick to be a troll instead. Thank you for a real response. I will explain:

As I stated I never played EQ classic. I played Everquest Online Adventures and I would gladly play it again if an emulator existed. It was based off of this game (I did not know that when I played it)

I am mad that the developers took something away that made the game feel more like EQOa not classic. I understand they want to deliver a classic feel I just want to know why they would disallow me to use different models on my client that only I can see. No one wants to answer this question.

I NEVER played this game with classic graphics, I never played it at all expect p99. So imagine being in my shoes, never seeing these graphics before ( a friend told me about p99 and how it could feel like eqoa with luclin models) and then being forced to use them after getting used to the others after a 1.5 years of playing.

I am passionate about EQOA and this little server was the closest thing I had to home. Why do I have to look at crap pixels because it rubs neckbeards nipples the wrong way?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 AM
Zeboim Zeboim is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 266
Default

Rogean et all have always been pretty adamant about how they are doing this for their one goal of recreating their vision of classic, and they really don't care if you like it or not.

So

Uh


Sorry. You aren't the first ground in the gears nor will you be the last.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 AM
Danth Danth is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,014
Default

On a side track, what happened to the EQOA emulator? There used to be one, years ago.

Danth
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 AM
beversami beversami is offline
Orc


Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel free to scream and rabble about "not classic" now.
Not classic.

Also they removed the ability to use them since they don't work properly with the new "classic darkness" system. So welcome back, because there's your legitimate reason.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.