Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 09:49 AM
Orc

Default Camp question

So how does it work by server rules and by player etiquette? I assume they differ a bit.

If you do a camp check say in lguk and a person claims Ex/Sage/Cav do they have a right to claim all three knowing they are not sitting in one camp at a time? Does it change things if it is a solo players vs a group? Take it one step further, I have seen a duo roaming live side killing Noble, Elder and Patriarch. Once they move on to the next can you claim the camp they leave behind. Is it bad player etiquette to even try to contest them?
Old 02-21-2020, 09:55 AM
Kobold

Read the PnP, its all there... basically no one has to respond to a CC. If they claim something that is a static spawn point they have to be there and engage. If they move to another, youre welcome to slip in and take it.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read the PnP, its all there... basically no one has to respond to a CC. If they claim something that is a static spawn point they have to be there and engage. If they move to another, youre welcome to slip in and take it.
Yeah but you forgot that they are allowed to leave and come back before the next repop, it's theirs if they arrive before the mob respawns. So if you're going to "slip in" make sure you wait until it re spawns before trying to claim it. A GM explained to me personally that someone can literally leave the zone and go vendor and as long as they are back before the next pop, they still have the camp, so make sure you account for them being somewhere prior to repop.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A GM explained to me personally that someone can literally leave the zone and go vendor and as long as they are back before the next pop, they still have the camp, so make sure you account for them being somewhere prior to repop.
Jesus Fucking Christ.

This is from the OFFICIAL PLAY NICE POLICY:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349

Quote:
that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off
Same zone and no logging off. It's right there, in black and white, that post overrules anything you heard from anyone.

As soon as you zone out or log off you lose the camp.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus Fucking Christ.

This is from the OFFICIAL PLAY NICE POLICY:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349

Same zone and no logging off. It's right there, in black and white, that post overrules anything you heard from anyone.

As soon as you zone out or log off you lose the camp.
So the GM was wrong? I have a screenshot of the conversation with a GM on green that says someone camping the Paw of Opolla ring can leave the zone, go sell it in EC and be back in time for the next pop and it's totally legal. Excuse me for believing the GM on a literal specific situation of a guy trying to monopolize a camp a few months ago.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but you forgot that they are allowed to leave and come back before the next repop, it's theirs if they arrive before the mob respawns. So if you're going to "slip in" make sure you wait until it re spawns before trying to claim it. A GM explained to me personally that someone can literally leave the zone and go vendor and as long as they are back before the next pop, they still have the camp, so make sure you account for them being somewhere prior to repop.
I've literally never had this ruling happen to me. It's always been that if you leave the camp you are leaving it open for others to take. That's why, for example, people camping Felwithe guards will pay lowbies to go sell the swords and things for them so they don't have to leave the camp and allow someone else to take it.

It wouldn't make sense to allow someone to leave and come back before the respawn. How would the new arrival know if that person was telling the truth? The other person might be lying and have just arrived there as well.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So the GM was wrong? I have a screenshot of the conversation with a GM on green that says someone camping the Paw of Opolla ring can leave the zone, go sell it in EC and be back in time for the next pop and it's totally legal. Excuse me for believing the GM on a literal specific situation of a guy trying to monopolize a camp a few months ago.
Yes, the “guide” was in this situation wrong if this is indeed exactly what happened.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

The hypo situation described by the OP:

- OP enters zone and calls for a CC
- Person1 responds "Camp X, Y, Z"

If you blend etiquette and the actual rules, here's what you do:

- Send a tell to Person1 saying "Im intending on clearing down to and taking one of those camps. Which would you prefer I take?"
- Person1 has to choose which camp they will keep and which they will give up
- If Person1 disagrees then begin your clear, actually arrive at the camp you want. Petition if they grief you

The key is clearing to and actually arriving at the camp. You can't claim a camp from the zone in, nor should you expect someone to miss a pop cycle while you're en route, not yet at, the camp.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sounds like it. Remember what we're talking about here: people who love this game so much they volunteer to stop playing it, and instead spend their time helping others. In other words, we're dealing with humans, and those humans need to be trained to do their 100% volunteer "job", just like any job.

They're bound to make mistakes from time to time, and dealing with that seems like a small price to pay for a free server ... but overall the staff is remarkable consistent, which is why http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp%20Rulings exists (even though the staff strongly reserves the right to make any ruling in contradiction of that page at any time).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Banned

Yep its LOS, soon as you leave the zone your camp is available to be taken. If your group is pulling from other camps you can do so but if another group comes in to that camp you are pulling and not LOS it belongs to them.

I've also seen groups split and have a few members at one camp and the rest of the group at another trying to take more than one camp (lord and AM for instance) at which point you watch to see if they are just leaving one or two behind at each camp then clearing the other when it respawns. I just tell them to choose a camp and We'll be taking the other one and I havent had an issue.

When a group wipes to a bad situation or whatever it's kind of douchey to roll in and take their camp in my opinion but it is allowed (I've had plenty of opportunities to take a camp this way but I'm too nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Closed Thread