Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-30-2022, 05:37 PM
Skeleton

Default Returning player LF friends :)

Hi all! Returning player here, still very new to the game and having a hard time finding a solid place to level my wood elf Druid. The solo experience hasnÂ’t been alll that great and pretty unforgiving considering I havenÂ’t played this in a few years and am trying out a new class, but thatÂ’s the beauty of the game! Classic style! Learning the ropes for the first time (again) has been fun but having a hard time finding folks to group with, even just to try and farm some orc camps in greater faydark. Currently level 7 and looking to get my eager ass into Crushbone soon. If any of you come across this post and have Lowbie toons feel free to find me adventuring around the starting areas so we can group up and level together! Character name is Vondooberz, IÂ’m on the blue sever. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Also, currently of town for a few days but hope to get back to Norrath once I return home)
Old 07-01-2022, 01:15 AM
Kobold

Hey there! Welcome back!

You should be able to solo the orcs directly inside Crushbone. There are usually people grouping in there. I recently left there myself with my Enchanter.

Hope to see you in game!
Old 07-01-2022, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Woot welcome back!
Old 07-01-2022, 12:42 PM
Skeleton

Sweet! Thanks so much! Figured there would be groups in there but haven’t made it inside yet, lots of mobs guarding the entrance, didn’t want to push my luck trying to get in there lol. Maybe a camouflage spell could get me safely inside ?
Old 07-01-2022, 07:36 PM
Aviak

Green has more lower level grouping going on. I have a 57 cleric on blue and a 55 shaman on green. IF you're looking to group regularly, green maybe a better server choice.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtanius21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green has more lower level grouping going on. I have a 57 cleric on blue and a 55 shaman on green. IF you're looking to group regularly, green maybe a better server choice.
Is this true? I haven't played in like 23 years but I remember grouping so much... I've made it to level 5 on Blue as a Bard <I know maybe not best choice but oh well> and have been begging to play with lower level players to no avail...
Old 07-01-2022, 08:52 PM
Kobold

Blue has a more end game population. Green is a mix
Old 07-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by in420weblaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this true? I haven't played in like 23 years but I remember grouping so much... I've made it to level 5 on Blue as a Bard <I know maybe not best choice but oh well> and have been begging to play with lower level players to no avail...
Yeah, it can be harder to find groups at lower levels. I think usually around level 20 you can get some groups in Unrest and then it starts getting much easier.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Hey friend! Welcome back! Hope you enjoy your experience here!

Also there is bonus xp ON until the 5th, so go grind those levels!

On the issue of finding low level groups, its ia bit of a mixed bag.

Blue being the older server has a population more aimed towards the endgame, around 55+ towards 60.

Green like mentioned before I have seen several late low level groups around, mostly 15+ , specially on BB and West Karana in my experience.

But yeah, the early levels are very rough, so for a new playthrough try something that can solo a bit until you find which areas are more populated.

You can also try looking for a guild that can help you a bit with some druidish Power levelin to burn away quickly the early levels as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 07-02-2022, 11:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks the few above posters, I moved over to Green and ran into like 20-30 people last night. Made it to level 8 on my bard there and met a few people nice enough to help me out with my first few songs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]