Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Cannot connect to Server

I have followed the guide and have changed my shortcut, eqhost file, made sure it wasnt an issue with firewall, and have looked threw the forums and I havent seen a fix but when I try to connect to any server I just got to a black screen as if it was loading but nothing happens, if anyone could point me in the right direction would appreciate it.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Large Rat

I am also seeing the same issues right after I select the server. The login process seems ok. I am using Everquest: Underfoot if that helps. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Im also using Underfoot, could be something due to that then, anyone know?
Old 05-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

underfoot doesn't work. you need to follow this set up guide.Clean Install of Everquest Titanium

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Ah according to http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide it stated Underfoot was use able, oh well thanks for the info.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Large Rat

I will try it out with Titanium tonight. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Large Rat

Play Guide
This guide will take you through the steps necessary to play on an EQEmulator Server.

Please note: As of this time you MUST have one of the follow versions of Everquest

Everquest: Titanium Edition (Retail from the CDs)
Everquest: Secrets of Faydwer (Retail from the CDs/DVDs)
Everquest: Seeds of Destruction (No longer available by legal means)
Everquest: Underfoot (Download-Only from Steam - DOWNLOAD HERE∞)

This is pasted directly from EQEmulator's getting started guide. http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Since Titanium seems to be completely unavailable in my area, and I most certainly am not paying close to $90 for a version from Amazon, I chose to download the Underfoot from steam, because it is listed as a viable option.

I, too, only get a black screen when I select the server. Other areas have suggested that changing over to windowed mode, or downloading an older version of directx (neither of which has worked for me), has anyone come up with an actual fix for this issue?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Banned

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

To get started, you must first obtain a copy of the specific Everquest client that is compatible with our server. This client is called the Titanium client, and can be found in various places like amazon, or ebay. The reason it must be the Titanium client is due to the way the client communicates with the server. Every time Everquest has a patch, those communication protocols are changed in that version of the client, and will no longer work with previous versions of server communication protocols. For this reason, only a Clean Install of Everquest Titanium will work. There is another client that works on our server (The Secrets of Faydwer client), but this client is unsupported, and you may experience problems with some of the features. It is strongly recommended that Titanium be used, and for the rest of this guide we will assume that it is.

..except it explicitly states in the p1999 getting started guide that this server runs on titanium, and that you only need follow steps 1-5 from the eqemulator guide to connect to the server. I recommend you try that.
Last edited by Mcbard; 05-14-2011 at 02:21 PM..