Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Count me out on Hib but I will roll Midgard. Ill probably make either Runemaster or Shadowblade undecided til I do some more research. Sorry but hib has worst char models to me plus I hate the realm in general.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Count me out on Hib but I will roll Midgard. Ill probably make either Runemaster or Shadowblade undecided til I do some more research. Sorry but hib has worst char models to me plus I hate the realm in general.
elves ....
Old 07-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scrooge I'll probably be playing either Eldritch or a Hero / BM for RvR. I might make a Warden after a while though :P
Someone definitely should be a Warden, especially if we end up with a melee heavy group. Those Damage Add chants, PBT, and heals will help a shitload, not to mention its a flexible class. Every time I played Hib, we always had a Warden, and it helped tremendously in PvE and PvP both, it's a very underrated class imo.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No its people who want to only have to fight 8v8s because they've been playing together long enough to know they will basically win with even numbers every time.

When players stop being "allowed" (seriously, half the population will black list you or some stupid shit) to run "zergs" (anything more than 8), they lose this advantage. Then its a field of a few perfect comps, so you can't go out and rvr with anything less than a perfect setup so people sit around until they can form said perfect comp.

Then it becomes impossible for pick up groups to win, people stop logging in... aaaaand daoc emu.
I know exactly what you're talking about, I've been involved with Uthgard since almost the very beginning, and I've seen this kind of narrow-minded "politics" especially in Midgard.

Midgard has always been my "home realm," and I've enjoyed playing it on LIVE at the very beginning, on other freeshards, and then on Uthgard - when my old guildies were actually around to play it with me, but it's very hard to start anything from scratch when you have a bunch of narrow-minded Euros who never think or play outside the box, never! If you try to suggest something out of the ordinary, you better have your own people who will be ready to back you up, because you'll get no reinforcement from the randoms.

Another thing I didn't like about my experience on Midgard, was that most ppl just give up too damn easy, all it takes is one wipe (maybe two at most,) and half the group will rage-quit on you while the rest disband, before you can even realize WTF is going on. This doesn't just happen in the BGs, this happens even more so at L50 in the main frontiers.

Hibernia used to be my most hated realm (for years,) but after actually going through Midgard all the way, I decided to give it a try - and I'm really glad that I did. I've had a very good experience starting from scratch, ppl were much friendlier and pickup groups didn't fall apart as easily as in Mid, especially in pvp, I've made quite a good number of friends, unfortunately I can't say the same about Midgard.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 07-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

I should be there.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should be there.
What class did you have in mind? I'll finish the class descriptions sometime tonight.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you should give it a try before you make a decision, you might find it more interesting once you check out their classes.

Or, make a post specifically for Midgard, and make a list of names in this thread who'd want to start out together - like i'm currently doing for Hibernia.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Skeleton

the only time i played at all was on midgard. played a skald. enjoyed that.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalexandraTL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only time i played at all was on midgard. played a skald. enjoyed that.
Maybe you should try the Warden class then, it kind of similar to Skalds, in that they receive group chants, except Skalds get much better speed, but Wardens get defensive-spells not to mention Heals and Rezzes. I've finished the class descriptions on page 9 of this thread, have a look, maybe you'll see something you like.

My main in Midgard was a skald also, I enjoyed playing it alot, but unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros when it comes to playing Midgard on that server, or atleast they did when I played.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone definitely should be a Warden, especially if we end up with a melee heavy group. Those Damage Add chants, PBT, and heals will help a shitload, not to mention its a flexible class. Every time I played Hib, we always had a Warden, and it helped tremendously in PvE and PvP both, it's a very underrated class imo.
I agree with you, I absolutely love the Warden class. But others don't seem to agree with me, and therefore it makes it hard to get into any RvR group that isn't with my friends. You know how the typical euro mindset is, locked into one style of gameplay, like you mentioned somewhere earlier.
Closed Thread