Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Default Al-kabor eqmac emulator

Hey i dont know if anyone knows/cares but the devs of eqemu have been making an eqmac emulator and the server is currently in beta and in classic. I was boxing a cleric/SK combo but decided to see if anyone would be interested in starting fresh on that server and duoing rather then boxing. You need either a mac or the pc client hack to play on the server. If any interest let me know!

takproject.net
Old 11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

I wanted to get in on this, but I don't have the Mac client (would be playing on a Macbook Pro). Any ideas?
Old 11-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey i dont know if anyone knows/cares but the devs of eqemu have been making an eqmac emulator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the devs of eqemu
Quote:
eqemu
Good luck to them with it. After the abomination of the Sleeper server I don't think I'm ready to go back to that "place" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck to them with it. After the abomination of the Sleeper server I don't think I'm ready to go back to that "place" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

eqemu =/= epicemu

Eqemu is the main eqemulator website the one that this server you're posting on right now is hosted from.

Epicemu.com (Toop's project) is a completely different thing; c'mon Swish how can you even mix those up?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:58 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQEmulator is not the Sleeper server, nor is it EpicEmu.

You're thinking of EpicEmu, which, well, I don't blame you for not going back there.

PEQMac/Al`Kabor is my pet project right now. It's a recreation of EQMac's server using the older clients.

You can see the code for it here:
https://github.com/cavedude00/Server/commits/master

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Banned

pvp server that goes to pop

make it happen

thx
Old 11-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Drettj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp server that goes to pop

make it happen

thx
No one likes PvP :/.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Think this would actually be cool if PC users could get into it like they could on EQ mac towards the end.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:35 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think this would actually be cool if PC users could get into it like they could on EQ mac towards the end.
Nothing's preventing you from doing that.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQEmulator is not the Sleeper server, nor is it EpicEmu.

You're thinking of EpicEmu, which, well, I don't blame you for not going back there.

PEQMac/Al`Kabor is my pet project right now. It's a recreation of EQMac's server using the older clients.

You can see the code for it here:
https://github.com/cavedude00/Server/commits/master
Thank god! I don't know how I got them confused[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread