Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thought we not measuring peens bud?

you have a PM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we all have expressed our opinions quite well here, nothing more I need to say on the matter.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I think I'm gonna give this one a fair listen to. I'm confident the older albums are tweenwave emo bullshit, but Heavy, the song the LP fans hated always hit me real hard. "Holding on, why is everything so heavy?" which, lets be real, is the whole song is nonetheless a powerful and succinct way to describe what it's like being on the verge of suicide. It's put me in tears a few times.
This song has also been one that has had a profound effect on me. It is such a different sound that what their fans and the industry have grown accustomed to.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are we sure it wasn't on accident? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
update: ive decided to call this "beltquest"
Old 07-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed over the course of several exchanges that you're not quite able to understand everything I'm putting down. Misinterpreting my meanings and unable to grasp changes in my tone, especially in regards to how serious I am about something. I honestly think you're an idiot and that doesn't begin to adequately describe the depths to which I loathe you. Please stop interacting with me. It's not fun anymore and I dare say it never was.
QFT
Old 07-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Haha. Too late! Switched that to a PM. Who wants to guess who that was to?
Old 07-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Never been a LP fan, I wasn't an angsty teen anymore when they got popular I guess. Bummer for those who digged the music tho.

Cobain and Stayley were the ones that hit the hardest for me. The ragiest screamiest power ballads don't hold a candle to something like this, imo.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
update: ive decided to call this "beltquest"
pras

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-23-2017, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider a 75 year old woman (my grandmother) who lived a rich and fulfilling life, and stared down the barrel of totally untreatable Alzheimer's disease. Her brain progressively rotted and robbed her of her very humanity before she died in agony, placing an unimaginable financial and emotional burden on her caregivers. She muttered "I want to die" for years, right up til the very end.

If I were ever in that situation I'd kill myself. And it would be the right decision.

Not hawking u nemore pal I read some of the thread and ordered a stand-down of my neurotransmitters

Old 07-23-2017, 02:41 AM
Banned

LP was a big part of middle school for me, and my first concert. Meteora dropped my freshmen year of high school. Even though I never bought anything after "minutes to midnight'' they still hold a special place in my heart, so.. this one hurts. Thoughts and prayers to Chester and his family. Suicide sucks : (
Old 07-23-2017, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priceline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never been a LP fan, I wasn't an angsty teen anymore when they got popular I guess. Bummer for those who digged the music tho.

Cobain and Stayley were the ones that hit the hardest for me. The ragiest screamiest power ballads don't hold a candle to something like this, imo.
Chester was a legend because he could scream in harmony and hit different notes with his screams. Theres other singers people have pointed out from the 70's and 80's (allegedly Freddie Mercury is one) that could also do this.

But Chester was much more of a vocal talent than say...Marilyn Manson.

No knock on Manson he is an amazing artist and I've appreciated his work esp thru Eat me Drink me. I haven't checked his softer stuff because as you said, if you aren't an angsty teen anymore its like why bother? I'm not really big on checking an artists growth or that whole bit. But I also don't care much about re-checking the growth of friends who sucked or I out-grew--temporarily leaving them.

I guess he put an album out where he evolved because the producer was this married with kids guy who kept telling him he wasn't going to allow him to write a manifesto of anger against society. He told Marilyn if he kept coming to the studio with lyrics about subject matter that he will just keep throwing them in the trash. Marilyn later said it was unlike any working process he had ever participated in, and he appreciated the opportunity.

I'll probably listen to it at some point before Manson dies in the next year or two. (CALLING IT)

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 07-23-2017 at 03:38 AM..
Closed Thread