Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

Then again, apparently evidence of a biological basis actually causes bigots to be more bigoted, not less, so maybe I shouldn't have bothered with the above: https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/20...sis-for-gender
This was definitely an interesting read, however it seems there is a lack in studies. They do mention a bunch of different studies but also go over the small sample sizes in some of these as well as the lack of consensus in the results among other researchers. Although it's also Wikipedia, so gotta definitely do a lot more looking into than one web search.

Definitely an interesting hypothesis and still need more scientific data to be proven. However, this still aims at a difference in brain chemistry, bringing people closer to gender dysphoria, a mental disorder. I'll need to do more research overall but this was a interesting read thus far and has certainly sparked more questions for me, so thanks for that loramin.

Also, just a side note, evidence doesn't prove it. There is still a lot more work to be done on the subject, obviously. So try not to call people bigots when they don't agree with you because that is the LITERAL DEFINITION of bigotry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah the pitch falls apart with young'ns. I haven't figured out an apologia for it yet so I'm leaning toward "it's immoral", too. The practice hurts our brand & should be discouraged. On the other hand, ideal results do mean starting younger.

perhaps a secondary arbitrary age of consent for this. between 14 and 16? I can say I have observed firsthand that I was ready by this time. And I can't see 8 year olds on hormones ever passing the gut check.

As for adjusting your cartoon arbitrary assertion that a particular social role must correlate with something chemically predetermined, a large stick will do better than emotional tugging. Regardless of any principled debate what you just said will be rendered equivalent to use of "the n word" in short order. That'll handle everything but your clueless interior monologue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad we at least agree on the children part. That is primarily my main issue with it all. An adult can do whatever they want imo. Although I still can't imagine that 40yro man that is now "living as a 6yro girl" but to each their own.

People can be upset with my "clueless interior monologue" all they want, but unfortunately feelings don't constitute facts. I can feel like a Bear or a Dolphin all I want but that doesn't make me one. O Snap, maybe I'm an Otherkin! Unfortunately for some, the same thing goes for folks feeling like a different sex, race or what have you at least until proven differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are separate issues. An adult deciding for himself is one thing, parents turning their child into a science project is quite another. Not really the same discussion
Your right, an adult deciding for themselves is one thing, but when is someone an adult? When you become legal age? Even though your brain may not be fully developed yet? https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=141164708

We still have a lot of questions in these area's and I'm certainly no expert but folks need to take it down a notch from the name calling BS. This isn't RnF last I checked..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS: read this thread and tell me Katrik has a mental illness and mickmoranis doesn't. You cant
Many people have a mental illness these days. Trying to pick and choose who from posts on the interwebz is just not worth the time.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 11-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My perspective is the typical human judges others and when they determine the judged are different than themselves their natural reaction is to distrust and dislike. It doesn't matter that the judged pose no danger, the fact they are different is enough to justify persecution.
Yes, humans are pack animals and in general will respond accordingly. Being different is outside "the pack" and will result in bared teeth.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many people have a mental illness these days. Trying to pick and choose who from posts on the interwebz is just not worth the time.
I'm pretty sure he was being facetious

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure he was being facetious
Heh, O I know.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 11-16-2017, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, humans are pack animals and in general will respond accordingly. Being different is outside "the pack" and will result in bared teeth.
animals yes, those that strive to "be different" just want a lot of attention, nothing more.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People can be upset with my "clueless interior monologue" all they want, but unfortunately feelings don't constitute facts. I can feel like a Bear or a Dolphin all I want but that doesn't make me one. O Snap, maybe I'm an Otherkin! Unfortunately for some, the same thing goes for folks feeling like a different sex, race or what have you at least until proven differently.
You're arguing earnestly with lies told on television for soccer moms and under duress to doctors. You are correct that it is plainly obvious that the highly ambiguous statement "I was born a woman" does not stand up to inquiry from every angle when spoken by a mouth with y chromes. But neither were the girls in this thread born biologically shaped to the simulacrum culture's erected for defining maleness. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The real fact is that it's an incredible thing that dramatically improves the lives of certain people. Allow those people that and stop trying to intervene. There is just no need to justify it morally in the patriarch's dialectic.

PS: your 300x optical zoom eyes and 20 foot vertical jumps are locked behind us first acquiring collective consent to do what we're doing.
Last edited by hyejin; 11-16-2017 at 12:01 PM..
Old 11-16-2017, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're arguing earnestly with lies told on television for soccer moms and under duress to doctors. You are correct that it is plainly obvious that the highly ambiguous statement "I was born a woman" does not stand up to inquiry from every angle when spoken by a mouth with y chromes. But neither were the girls in this thread born biologically shaped to the simulacrum culture's erected for defining maleness. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The real fact is that it's an incredible thing that dramatically improves the lives of certain people. Allow those people that and stop trying to intervene. There is just no need to justify it morally in the patriarch's dialectic.

PS: your 300x optical zoom eyes and 20 foot vertical jumps are locked behind us first acquiring collective consent to do what we're doing.

https://youtu.be/6hKG5l_TDU8
Old 11-16-2017, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

wow, is this an RnF post?!?

Sure it helps some folks but not all. Sometimes it changes nothing or makes things worse for that person. The funny thing is no one is attempting to intervene unless it's involving children or some form of speech policing. Hell look at Ontario Canada, where they've gone crazy adding in laws for the Transgender community. Most of which seem fine although Bill 89 is scary, where children can be taken from parents.

Live how you want just know not all agree with you. That's part of being an adult in this day and age.

*Edit*: removed last line as it was a bit snarky and better to have a cordial conversation then let it turn to argument/name calling/etc.
Herbila - Warrior
Last edited by Grizzler; 11-16-2017 at 01:26 PM..
Old 11-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Banned

They really do a good job of getting regular conservative hetero dumbfuck Christians to grapple with sexual identity issues way over their head. I guess they convinced you all this was a real threat to you and your kids or some like you and your kids -- don't believe any of that shit. You don't have to think about transgender people at all.

Just stop poking your nose in other people's sexuality every time your preacher suggests you do so. Instead, you should be thinking: "wtf is wrong with this freak that he is bringing up a bunch of transgender issues on sunday morning church crowd? What's he really trying to accomplish here?"

I certainly wouldn't let someone else's sexual decisions blind you to the more imperative matters of economic inequality.
Quote:
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." -- Matthew 19:24
Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They really do a good job of getting regular conservative hetero dumbfuck Christians to grapple with sexual identity issues way over their head. I guess they convinced you all this was a real threat to you and your kids or some like you and your kids -- don't believe any of that shit. You don't have to think about transgender people at all.

Just stop poking your nose in other people's sexuality every time your preacher suggests you do so. Instead, you should be thinking: "wtf is wrong with this freak that he is bringing up a bunch of transgender issues on sunday morning church crowd? What's he really trying to accomplish here?"

I certainly wouldn't let someone else's sexual decisions blind you to the more imperative matters of economic inequality.
transgenderism isn't about sexuality ya doof

*bonks JD on the head*

that's precisely where and how objectors get confused.