Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 12-19-2022, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the consensus on innate regen vs. frontal stun immunity?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor alternatives to a miniskirt and furry hat.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-19-2022, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll take the bait.

Let me preface that my shaman is an Ogre.

FSI is really only helpful late game, but can't be substituted with any item.

Regen really starts getting good levels 50+. Levels 50-60 are going to be most of your playtime, even though it's only 10 levels.

Most Shamans will be getting their Epic, JBB, Fungi(s), Late game spells like Bane before they have a chance at getting Torpor (which 'negates' regen).

All Shamans have their perks.

Play what you want.

But Trolls make me sick.

Greasy diaper boys. Disgusting.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor alternatives to a miniskirt and furry hat.
You've seen my browser search history [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greasy diaper boys.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're fine.

Arguably quite weak until 34 but they CAN solo through it. After that things will get a lot easier but not exactly great. However, soloing to 60 will be an OK experience, at least in comparison to leveling to 60 on any class using standard methods.

You'll also be able to group. Slow, regen, dex - they all certainly help.

If you're a troll that'll help your downtime noticably at 50+ too.

The challenge is making enough plat to get things like JBB, epic, fungi and torpor. However, once you have torpor JBB isn't as useful and fungi too loses most of its value. Just make sure to get the epic and torpor and you'll be gravy. Epic is hard on any class but not so hard for shamans in comparison to other classes, just get the faction required as you level up and join a decent guild. If you wanna play on Green or Blue you could probably pick up a Vindi BP without TOO much raiding required, it'll beat fungi once you get Torpor. Some guilds will provide dropped spells during raids like torpor for free to anyone who can scribe it.
Years ago when I played our guild have out probably a million plat worth of Torpor spells to Shaman who needed the spell. The idea that the spell HAS TO BE BOUGHT to be acquired is really shortsighted
Old 01-02-2023, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

You're opening a big ole can of worms if DSM sees this, but the unbiased truth of the matter is as follows:

If you're into soloing big, dangerous targets then FSI reigns supreme.

Innate regen is better for every other situation / scenario / leveling / etc.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're opening a big ole can of worms if DSM sees this, but the unbiased truth of the matter is as follows:

While accurate, you're overstating the case. Neither power really matters much, and my Barbarian Shaman (with neither) can still solo everything an Ogre or Troll can just fine.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

While accurate, you're overstating the case with language like "reigns supreme". Neither power really matters much, and my Barbarian Shaman with neither can still solo everything an Ogre can just fine.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Exactly. Once you get Torpor, that is when you solo big, dangerous targets. This is why FSI is the best end-game racial (post-Torpor).

Quote:
"Every other situation/secnario" is very vague, but pre-Torpor (leveling) you are 100% correct. Regen is the best racial until you get Torpor (pre-Torpor).

Quote:
Not sure why there is any can of worms or bias if the unbiased truth is what I have been saying the entire time. It sounds like you agree with me.

The arguments usually occur with the few people on these forums who believe regen has some mystic power. It's easy to math out exactly how much regen helps you, but a few people don't believe it for some reason. That is why they think it's going to be better than FSI in all scenarios, even soloing big targets.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

A joke, I know we'll and good the FSI/regen debate is a heated subject as old as time!

Regen is king for me, a filthy casual, who will probably never hit 60 on my shaman and definitely won't acquire torpor. I know Torps has dropped in half price wise as of late (on blue) but that's still 50-60k I've not the will power to farm.

It sadly makes more sense for someone like me who plays a few hours a day solo (off peak) to play a class that doesn't require 100k+ just for spells, heck I could probably level an enchanter 1-60 then farm some decent ticket drops to fund a shaman way faster than capping shaman and slowly kill guards for 6 months.
Old 01-03-2023, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

FSI isn’t what it used to be when every mob bash was a stun. Do you want an occasional stun resist or a constant regen advantage that never goes away and maybe a snare clicky? Despite what people try to tell you there is no correct answer(hence the endless debates) so it really comes down to personal preference.

If I were to make a new shaman today it would probably be iksar for regen, size, best resists, and robe fashion. The CT undead fear clicky can also come in handy on iksar/troll.
Last edited by Crede; 01-03-2023 at 11:30 AM..