Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewinder47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically if you are in the 1% of the server population that is unemployed, you get to do raid content. If you are part of the 99% of adult with responsibilities, you don't, or you get the trash that ST doesn't want. Sounds like a fun game

We aren't in high school anymore
I've been gainfully employed the last 4 years, my raid attendance has averaged to probably 10% over those 4 years. Nobody is stopping you from doing raid content. Your guilds ability to do so is. Overcome this problem by teaming up with other guilds.

Basically, if your guild isn't capable of raid content, then you don't get to do raid content. Ya'll want trak to be rotated so you can get your asses beat in VP and cry how that should be rotated too? Because if you can't kill Trak you sure as fuck won't be able to take PD. Without the GM's handing it to you for free.

There's plenty of opportunity to enjoy the game if your average playtime is an hour and a half between 7-10 on weeknights. Like I mentioned before, in my opinion there is many more important upgrades to be gotten outside of raids in Kunark. The biggest upgrades are dropped off group mobs in sebilis. Hiero Cloak. Fungi. Haste belts. I'd pick a Hiero Cloak over a Cloak of Piety if I had a haste item already. I'd pick a pre nerf fungi staff over any item from kunark. Trak drops BPs.. end game BPs, and Teeth to enter VP. Well guess what? Besides manna robe, and MAYBE Cobalt BP, Fungi tunic is unequivocally better than every single one of them.
Last edited by Twochain; 02-11-2021 at 02:43 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

I'm with Twochain...make an alt and have fun!

If you don't have all your character slots filled up, you're doing it wrong!

#Altitis
Old 02-11-2021, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm with Twochain...make an alt and have fun!

If you don't have all your character slots filled up, you're doing it wrong!

#Altitis
*spits*
Old 02-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically, if your guild isn't capable of raid content, then you don't get to do raid content. Ya'll want trak to be rotated so you can get your asses beat in VP and cry how that should be rotated too? Because if you can't kill Trak you sure as fuck won't be able to take PD. Without the GM's handing it to you for free.
This is the thing I don’t understand. Seal Team, TMO, etc., aren’t the problem. Your shitty leadership is. The Fed (which does, or doesn’t exist at any time) vastly outnumbers Seal Team’s “zerg forces”, and has more bodies at every sock, but their absolutely jokes of leadership teams can’t get it together.

Guilds rise and fall in EQ (see: Riot/Freedom) but the continued success of Seal Team is simply a function of you bads getting outplayed consistently.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the thing I don’t understand. Seal Team, TMO, etc., aren’t the problem. Your shitty leadership is. The Fed (which does, or doesn’t exist at any time) vastly outnumbers Seal Team’s “zerg forces”, and has more bodies at every sock, but their absolutely jokes of leadership teams can’t get it together.

Guilds rise and fall in EQ (see: Riot/Freedom) but the continued success of Seal Team is simply a function of you bads getting outplayed consistently.
This is definitely an issue I've seen during all my experience on both Blue and Green up to this point. There always seems to be a lot of aggression towards top guilds dominating content and the response always seems to be "Why are they able to do this?" instead of "what is preventing us from doing it?". Everything I've seen with these "alliances" or little agreements between two or three guilds is just destined to end in absolutely failure. I don't know if it's pure ego that prevents guilds from biting the bullet and merging, but that pride seems to be more poisonous than one guild dominating everything because other people refuse to not be in charge or have an guild leader and/or officer tag and just follow.

The fact is that there is a completely different mindset within guilds that are able to speed farm, easy clear, etc. end-game raid content in ANY MMORPG. The idea of guild over DKP numbers next to your name is something that people just cannot grasp.

If you're constantly calling people neckbeards or losers because they have multiple 60's and can outsock you at every location, why should they be punished? There's nothing wrong with it. It's not anyone else's fault that you're not competitive, but I guess we live in a time where everyone gets a participation trophy.
Last edited by Voodude; 02-11-2021 at 03:15 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 03:17 PM
Large Rat

I don't think anyone has disputed that ST have good players and sound organization. But the methods they employ, up to and including having some weirdo nut cupping guild be their forum warriors.. says a lot about the lengths they will go to undermine and antagonize the overall server community
Old 02-11-2021, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

ST doesn't win "uncontested" Traks because they have the best players (I'm fairly certain all of the raiding guilds are perfectly capable of killing Trak if they win the race). ST wins them because they have a guild full of people willing to sit and NOT PLAY THE GAME for hours on end during a 16-hour window every 3 days.

Case in point: Sky nobles. Those are contested every week and ST has lost quite a few of those races, especially recently. Why are they contested when Trak is not? It's not hard to figure out...
Old 02-11-2021, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact is that there is a completely different mindset within guilds that are able to speed farm, easy clear, etc. end-game raid content in ANY MMORPG.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:56 PM
Skeleton

It's amusing to me that people think high level EverQuest raid content involves a lot of "skill." Of course it requires knowledge of the encounter and basic class competence, but you're lying to yourself if you think any of the raid guilds in question wouldn't be able to handle the mobs. Disingenuous (and silly) argument to say that Seal Team are somehow "more skilled" at the game than others.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

You have no skill unless you are able to respond to a video game as a priority 24/7. This is the classic experience.

You're lazy and wrong in the head if you can't be on call 24/7 for a 20 year old elf emulator.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Closed Thread