Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 11:01 PM
Aviak

Lol omg look at that thing, I’m still confused how 3dfx went bankrupt. Weren’t they cards the best? We’re they just too expensive?
Old 05-18-2021, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was some youtube WoW streamer guy that briefly came through, even had the blessing of at least one Green Text. There was a post here about it, I tuned in just to see. I mean they guy tried to be excited and do justice. It's just EQ was not made for a streamer mindset or audience entertainment. EQ is entertaining for the player, but that is it.

He tried to show the audience how death was cool, running back to corpses. Black Bears constantly killing him because hes level 1 in Nektulos Forest. The audience did compliment the environment sounds and OST of EQ.

Doubt any of them tried P99. WoW was created to fix all of eqs problems. When people poop on the graphics here it does make me frown and I wonder if the name 3DFX means anything to them.
That youtuber was Alexensual and he exposed the elysium wow private server team before getting kicked off youtube and twitch and others.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 05-18-2021, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its yugioh, baler

i think its cool as shit
Thanks man I appericate that, I am a big fan of Yugioh and Bakura

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 05-19-2021, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn making me want to dig out my voodoo card from the basement for a screencap.

Does your card still run??
To clarify, I follow that user on Twitter. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also 3DFX signifies an end to a specific point in time. A time which EQ existed, and is mentioned in their demo. Before Microsoft Xbox and ultimately Vista/X360. The early Tomb Raider games and Windows gaming in general.

I came at the tail end of that. I remember seeing the Voodoo eyes boxes in electronics stores. My first PC had the GeForce 256 from Nvidia, the first of the Geforce line. I didn't really know enough about computers at the time to understand any differences.

All I said to the Gateway salesman was that I want to play Everquest, which he was aware of, and some other titles. He built my first Windows 98 machine for me over the phone. He also suggested upgrading to a Soundblaster Live! with the Boston Acoustics speaker set. That is what I played original EQ with.

But I dislike what Nvidia and Array Technologies..err AMD have become. I dislike the multiplatform market, to rather unhealthy levels.

This is one of mine though, Ruby appeared in the early Ati tech demos.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol omg look at that thing, I’m still confused how 3dfx went bankrupt. Weren’t they cards the best? We’re they just too expensive?
Old 05-19-2021, 12:23 AM
Banned

Ive noticed too that EQ has to be played to really be enjoyed...

It’s like dayZ... super boring to watch, but fun to play... because of how slow and real time it is...eq is the same way... I remember the first time I watched my friend play EQ it was the most boring thing I ever saw... but when you play it has a way of drawing you into the game by requiring intense focus, hyper awareness of your surroundings, careful preparation and planning

Also I feel like the way they did the camera really makes you feel like you are in the world... like when I go in the library in PoK I really feel like I’m in an actual library... despite dated graphics I’ve never got that with any other mmo....
It almost feels like VR because you get so sucked into the world.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:07 AM
Aviak

Literally all game joe, streaming is wack.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:25 AM
Banned

Eq is not competitive or hard lol.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I Disagree with the shutting down p99 lot. I think daybreak would realize they need to just purchase the project outright and cash in.

Shutting down p99 would cause outrage and divisiveness in already an extremely niche community. If you shut down a project that is giving your IP new life via viral content, you're quite literally shooting yourself in the foot. Rick James shut up pretty quickly when the U CANT TOUCH THIS checks started flowing in, enabling his drug habits for years to come.

For the record, I think it's possible. The raid scene circa 2016-2018 offered PVE competitive content unlike literally anything on the market. Which most gamers born in the 90s on crave. Add in a truly massive and interesting world, retro graphics, and an MMO where community actually matters, and you ACTUALLY talk to your group mates, and ACTUALLY form acquaintances outside of your core in game friends, it really could be a hit in 2021.

It would be a shit show, but it would bring a tear to my eye. EQ through Velious is one of the best gaming experiences ever produced.
Could be. I’m just basing it off what happened to that hugely popular classic WoW emulated served, I think it was called Nostalrius

Then again Daybreak isn’t blizzard so who knows
Old 05-19-2021, 01:44 AM
Banned

P.s.

Closed Thread