Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Could mobs see through hide/sneak in classic?

On live I had a lvl 55 rogue and have no memories of mobs ever seeing through my hide/sneak. I remember sneaking down to Lower Guk to get my DE mask which I am currently unable to do without being attacked. I tried to perform a CR in Dalnir only to have the goo's see through hide/sneak as well. Is this a p99 issue or is my memory fuzzy?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

make sure your hide works before you use it. i snuck down to the assassin a few days ago no problem. i sneak around guk all the time.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Kobold

Any mob that can see invis can see through hide. As far as I know, nothing can see through sneak so it can still be possible to get past mobs as long as you dont enter their field of vision.

Editing to add that hide/sneak works on most undead too, but some may still see you. I haven't leveled up my rogue on P99 yet but I played a rogue main throughout my EQ career and I'm assuming they were able to accurately recapture this.
Last edited by Nubben; 07-16-2011 at 01:38 AM..
Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

My level 3 rog snuck down to Assassin with no issues.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Aviak

At one time hide/sneak was "invis" to everything even see invis. Because it wasn't invisible it was "hiding and sneaking". Blizzard either changed it or added mobs with an exception.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At one time hide/sneak was "invis" to everything even see invis. Because it wasn't invisible it was "hiding and sneaking". Blizzard either changed it or added mobs with an exception.
???????? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My level 3 rog snuck down to Assassin with no issues.
Same here.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

as was said in the first response, but to clarify:

hide/sneak is buggy. when you use it, have a mob targeted. con it - if you're scowls, it didn't work; if it's indifferent, it worked that time and go for it. (obv that'll be for scowl mobs only, use any npc that is not indifferent)
Old 07-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Kobold

hide/sneak is buggy. you can run past a mob five times and on the sixth time he may aggro. it makes no sense. it happens to me sometimes when dragging corpses in sebilis. ill drag up three corpses, be dragging a fourth, and a mob ive ran past plenty of times aggros me out of nowhere. There is a post in the bug forum about this, since many other people have noticed this problem as well. hopefully it gets fixed. i always have to worry about hide/sneak bugging out.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Aviak

Yes, mobs certainly could see through hide/sneak in classic.
Closed Thread