Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-20-2022, 11:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somehow there are adults that are able to play P99 for 12-14+hrs every single day. Because they have no jobs, families, or hobbies outside of P99, they spend all of their waking efforts lusting after pixels, cheating for an edge, and shitting on other players they see as speed bumps in the way of gearing their 9th throwaway alt.

How do you do it? Grandparents? Sugardaddies? Feigned disability? Squating in abandoned buildings near wifi?

It's confusing.
Retired at 40 and cant go on adventure 24/7/365
Old 02-21-2022, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve never agreed with a post more. Especially the part about how weird it is that most of this is all over trying to get pixels for their 9th character. Like at a certain point how can they still care this much
A dangerous level of personal involvement when it comes time to shut down

Shoot, I felt pretty bad when classic Wow a few years ago came to an end and all I could do was merge my char onto a completely dead (like 6 players on any of them, no joke) forever-classic realm since I didn’t want to continue the expansion progression

And I didn’t put 1/100th the work into that classic wow char as some people have on their p99 char(s)

I guess the way to cushion the blow of the eventual permanent shutdown is knowing another will probably just take its place, with fewer people tho
Old 02-21-2022, 01:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe come check out the Firiona Vie recreation under preferred servers. It's not very populated yet but the people that play are helpful and friendly. We're currently rolling out Kunark content and validated quests.

You can definately get nostalgia raiding in. All of the classic content has been on farm for around 8 months.
How many people regularly play on it? Looks like you need a different client than P99 as well?
Old 02-21-2022, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguu~ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't find if they allow boxing or not on their site.
Boxing is allowed. Here is the current ruleset - "Boxing Limit: When we need to restrict boxing, we will--please be a grown up when/if that happens."

Many people use a tailored MQ2 +E3 setup customized by Manwe.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Old 02-21-2022, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many people regularly play on it? Looks like you need a different client than P99 as well?
There are probably 30 active people currently and it is expected to pick up as Kunark is released. All of the classic content is available and legacy items haven't yet been nerfed out and the Kunark zones around Cabilis open and with people leveling Iksar and validating the quests.

You do have to download their client. That part is easy because if you are playing P99 you open that client and select the P99 client and if FVP you open that client and select the FVP server.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are probably 30 active people currently and it is expected to pick up as Kunark is released. All of the classic content is available and legacy items haven't yet been nerfed out and the Kunark zones around Cabilis open and with people leveling Iksar and validating the quests.

You do have to download their client. That part is easy because if you are playing P99 you open that client and select the P99 client and if FVP you open that client and select the FVP server.
Sounds like everyone boxes a toon or two?
Old 02-21-2022, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Sounds like everyone boxes a toon or two?
Most box at least a group and then multiple people group up for raids and usually when people raid it is opened up to the entire server for public zones. Instancing is also set up so if people have cleared the main publick normal zone you can still go in with a raid into an instance. Instances reset every 4 days.

For the significantly harder content like sky and queen bee, efreetis you need a pretty sizable raid force.

There is no poopsocking. There is no lawyerquesting. There are no all hours batphones.
There is no rampant cheating and toxic behavior to get to a boss first. The devs are active and responsive. It reminds me of my first few years raiding on Tunare from 1999+.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Retired at 40 and cant go on adventure 24/7/365
ah yes if its one thing ive learned about classic everquest it is that the people who play this 80+ hours a week are all wealthy early retirees or stay-at-home self employed successful businessmen who are happily married with just a total unicorn of a wife who have absolutely no problem with their husbands playing a video game 12+ hours every day
Old 02-21-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ah yes if its one thing ive learned about classic everquest it is that the people who play this 80+ hours a week are all wealthy early retirees or stay-at-home self employed successful businessmen who are happily married with just a total unicorn of a wife who have absolutely no problem with their husbands playing a video game 12+ hours every day
Said unicorn wife gingerly wanders around the house in lingerie, bringing you beers, hot pockets, and bj's without even needing to ask. She is the bread winner as well, being a 80+ hour a week p99 raider netted you an instragram/onlyfans model who gets that sweet cheddar so you can get those sweet pixels.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

It is kinda crazy, some people here are gonna be on their deathbed and look back on their EQ accomplishments. I mean if you've played the same game for he last 23 years, with no end in sight...