Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-09-2022, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...and I haven't even seen a camp where it was better or preferable over root..
You haven't done fungus king? Root is definitely not equal to snare for stopping runners there and if you're in a less than full group (hence, slower kill rate) runners can and will be the major cause of failures. It's also only one camp--albeit, a popular one.

I would not pick a cleric race just for one item. Moreso than a lot of classes, clerics have a lot of good racial choices with their own unique benefits. Arguments beyond appearance can be made, with validity, for most if not all of the different cleric races.

Danth
Old 08-09-2022, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't done fungus king? Root is definitely not equal to snare for stopping runners there and if you're in a less than full group (hence, slower kill rate) runners can and will be the major cause of failures. It's also only one camp--albeit, a popular one.

I would not pick a cleric race just for one item. Moreso than a lot of classes, clerics have a lot of good racial choices with their own unique benefits. Arguments beyond appearance can be made, with validity, for most if not all of the different cleric races.

Danth
I have done Fungi King quite a few times, and snare wasn't necessary. I usually Trioed with myself (Shaman), an Enchanter, and a Monk, which means no snare. Sometimes a Cleric too for heals/res.

I have yet to get a Fungi Tunic from King though, I have been very unlucky sadly.

The specific problem with the snare neck is the duration is just really short, so it isn't really different than a Root that chooses to break a few ticks in. Snare Neck would be amazing if it had a better snare.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2022 at 03:30 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have yet to get a Fungi Tunic from King though, I have been very unlucky sadly.
Join the club, I never did either, lost on it easily more than a dozen times. Eventually stopped going. My experience there is you could do it without snare, but having snare is way way preferred over just root. I got numerous invites on my shadowknight solely due to snare, there. One camp is also a very small sample size and that's the only camp I've *ever* been invited to on P99 simply due to snare.

I use clinging a great deal on my shadowknight so I'm very familiar with what that spell can be used for, and what it shouldn't. I would not make a cleric or shaman just for that item, but it's a nice bonus for someone who likes the associated races anyway.

Danth
Old 08-09-2022, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join the club, I never did either, lost on it easily more than a dozen times. Eventually stopped going. My experience there is you could do it without snare, but having snare is way way preferred over just root. I got numerous invites on my shadowknight solely due to snare, there. One camp is also a very small sample size and that's the only camp I've *ever* been invited to on P99 simply due to snare.

Danth
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, SK's are great at Fungi King. I've Trioed with them too. I am just saying I didn't really have any serious runner problems with the Monk, because they knew what they were doing. Again, I wish Snare Neck had a better snare. Unfortunately since Clinging Darkness only lasts 36 seconds, it really isn't that much different from a Root that chooses to break a few ticks in. Having a longer snare like Engulfing Darkness is much nicer, which is what an SK would bring to the table.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2022 at 03:36 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I have never seen a cleric use the snare clickie in a group, and I have multiple videos showing how it really isn't a great item on my Youtube channel. You can have your opinion that it's a great item, but it's not as good as you think. The snare has a low speed reduction, and a short duration. You will do better just medding a tick and casting root, it's only 30 mana.

Not once seeing ogre stun immunity EVER do anything to help never stop you from singing its praise it like it's ambrosia. I hope you are not so ignorant of basics of the game to understand that snaring a mob at low life can save a healer around 20% mana and in grouing situations cleric's mana is often the groups main bottleneck, which could translate directly to 20% faster kill/loot/exp efficiency. Sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:
Finally, stat-wise both humans and gnomes have low starting stats. It isn't like we are looking at the difference between a Gnome Warrior and an Ogre Warrior. So it isn't a good argument to make, as the difference is easy to make up for.
Not really a particularly good comprision given that cleric gear rarely has charisma or str on it while warrior gear is overflowing with str/stam. And a warrior isnt taking off all their stam gear off to boost a different part of their kit, such in the case lulling. I have looked at the bumbers but im sure its in the 50-60 points of relevant stats you ose out on versus humans. Thats a lot of fucing stats from my reckoning, but you do you. Enjoy the tinkering.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not once seeing ogre stun immunity EVER do anything to help never stop you from singing its praise it like it's ambrosia. I hope you are not so ignorant of basics of the game to understand that snaring a mob at low life can save a healer around 20% mana and in grouing situations cleric's mana is often the groups main bottleneck, which could translate directly to 20% faster kill/loot/exp efficiency. Sounds pretty good to me.
I have videos showing FSI working. It isn't my fault you don't watch them hehe. I have ho idea where you are getting this 20% mana stat from. Root costs 30 mana, and snare neck takes 6 seconds to cast. That 6 second cast is wasting the 20 mana you could have medded, which is most of the cost of a root. Your group has bigger efficiency problems if your Cleric is the primary CC in the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really a particularly good comprision given that cleric gear rarely has charisma or str on it while warrior gear is overflowing with str/stam. And a warrior isnt taking off all their stam gear off to boost a different part of their kit, such in the case lulling. I have looked at the bumbers but im sure its in the 50-60 points of relevant stats you ose out on versus humans. Thats a lot of fucing stats from my reckoning, but you do you. Enjoy the tinkering.
It's very easy to get STR and CHA gear if you are having problems with either. The difference is 15 less CHA and 15 less STR between Gnome and Human Clerics. This really isn't a difficult gap to fill.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2022 at 08:21 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Snare click in the few circumstances I was using it saved me 100 mana per cast attempt. I don’t F around with plain ol’ root anymore. 3 minute root is the only one worthy of a spot on my cast bar.

To each their own. Snare is situationally a very … VERY nice thing to have in your toolkit on a class that can’t otherwise cast it.

Beyond that, everyone knows trolls are the superior shaman race. We get a fine ass long nose to compliment our booty swag. The built in fungi tunic regen ain’t half bad either.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2022, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I have videos showing FSI working. It isn't my fault you don't watch them hehe. I have ho idea where you are getting this 20% mana stat from. Root costs 30 mana, and snare neck takes 6 seconds to cast. That 6 second cast is wasting the 20 mana you could have medded, which is most of the cost of a root. Your group has bigger efficiency problems if your Cleric is the primary CC in the group.

So you REAlLY are this igorant of the basics of EQ? snared mobs at low health don't fight back at all. Hello? EQ basics 101?

Quote:
It's very easy to get STR and CHA gear if you are having problems with either. The difference is 15 less CHA and 15 less STR between Gnome and Human Clerics. This really isn't a difficult gap to fill.
15 str
5 sta
8 wis
15 cha

thats about 1.5 additional BIS items for non raiding cleric.
Last edited by DMN; 08-09-2022 at 08:46 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So you REAlLY are this igorant of the basics of EQ? snared mobs at low health don't fight back at all. Hello? EQ basics 101?
Of course I know that. The problem is for some reason you think:

A) The snare clickie is good for this kind of thing, even though the snare and cast time is really bad.
B) We are talking about Clerics having the snare neck, so you are assuming the Cleric is the one doing the CCing for the group. And you are talking about efficiency at the same time? You do know a Cleric will not be medding while they are doing all this CCing? So all the mana you are "saving" on not healing is instead going into the Cleric CCing and not medding lol.

Quote:
15 str
5 sta
18 wis
15 cha

thats close to 2 additional BIS items for non raiding cleric.
It's still not worth caring about. Sorry.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2022 at 08:49 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Glad we can agree starting stats are irrelevant.

Most important = what you look like
Close second = racial sneak
Close third = snare is cool

We’re talking clerics here. All they need is their epic, decent gear, and some charisma toolkit to get 99.99% of the job done. Nothing else really matters.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2